3. It's just a ship

As planned Danielle had to leave a bit earlier to attend a meeting about her job so the girls went back to the loft together. That night they decided to watch a movie but at a certain point Jenny fell asleep and Kaylee hugged a pillow while watching the movie herself.

She still wasn't used to the environment but it comforted her knowing the other girls were going through the exact phase, and they could all lean on each other.

Suddenly, Danielle let herself in which made Kaylee turn and look at the door. Her eyes were heavy and tired but she didn't fail to greet her with a smile.

"Heya, that was a long ass meeting you had."

"Yeah, I actually went out for a drink with Mat right after." Danielle said while taking off her heels and placing them by the door.

"As in Mat Davis??"

"Yeah, him..your on screen dad and all. He's much funnier off set."

"He's also much older than us, Danielle."

"Woah. It wasn't "that" kind of drink, Kaylee. Jesus. He has a wife."

"Okay, I assume you know best."

"Were you two watching a movie without me?"

"Yeah, well Jenny didn't watch much of it and I was..all by myself."

"Okay- so how about we watch one tomorrow all together?"

"Sure.." Kaylee let a yawn escape her lips and Danielle snorted softly. "Sorry, I guess bedtime is calling."

"You're actually kinda cute when you're sleepy."

Kaylee froze, she didn't know how to respond to that or why it made her so unnecessarily shy.

"Thanks, get yourself to bed, too. Long day tomorrow and our on screen dad will tell me all about your not "that kind of drink" so better watch out for that."

"Shut up you know it wasn't like that. I don't even know why you're that bothered."

"I'm not.."

Kaylee lingered by her door while watching Danielle walk down the narrow hall to her room.

"Good night, Dani."

"Night love."

--

The next morning loud chatter filled the kitchen of the loft as the girls were getting acquainted with each other and enjoying a quick breakfast before filming.

At the set, Danielle was almost participating in every scene and Kaylee didn't get to see much of her. At her break she tried looking for her but it was a pointless effort and she didn't want to come off as needy. She decided to have a break at an empty room and actually updated her social media with a live.

The fans went crazy when someone entered the door, and that person was Danielle. Everyone was commenting about how much chemistry these two have and how there should be a focus on them as a romantic pairing instead.

Kaylee smiled at the comments and looked up, patting the small space next to her on the couch. Danielle jumped down and tried to make herself comfortable while looking at the phone.

Views 2,653 | Comments 871

user7628: Danielle!! I'm a huge fan.. how's filming going?

Danielle: Aw thank you for supporting our series. We are currently filming episode 8 and I can't reveal too much but all I can say is things are blowing up, and a lot of surprises are on the way!

user433: We want more scenes with Hosie. Please!! Can you just look at each other?? You're so cute together.

"Look at that comment. Like look at each other? What's that supposed to mean? And Hosie?" Danielle side eyed Kaylee who was holding back her laugh.

"It's..you know. Hope and Josie. Fans want to see more of me and you on screen."

"As a couple, though?"

"Mhm, as a couple. It's fine if you don't want to answer it though--"

The girls almost whisper to each other to arrange what they were going to say about the comment, keeping in mind that a thousand fans were watching.

Danielle: Well, I love to portray a character that's sexually fluid but I don't know what the authors have in stock for Hope's romantic development, I guess we are sticking with Landon until it makes sense not to.

Danielle explains while throwing an arm around Kaylee and getting even more closer without even realising, to be able to see the screen. The fans immediately blow up Kaylee's live with comments about how cute they are but they both decide to ignore it for the moment, as they are nice and cozy on the couch, enjoying the occasional touch of each other. After about an hour of talking live both girls were exhausted and turned it off.

Danielle laid on Kaylee's lap and looked up at her, with a few questions in mind.

"So are you like my on screen wife now or something?"