40. Will things fall back into place?

The next few days were filled with filming, in all kinds of weather and throughout the whole entire day and for someone which practically had to be in every scene that was one hell of a task. Back at the hotel Danielle usually enjoyed her breakfast alone, or with Jenny who was there to listen to the girl's non stop rumbling and complaining about how difficult filming was and how she was ready for the break. Again the trio of girls had taken a bit of a distance as they now lived separately and Kaylee purposely avoided interacting with the auburn, allowing some space both for the other actress but for herself too. And that thinking time definitely led to some conclusions.

It was nearly time for the third season to finish and the cast were given two weeks of rest before going forward with the fourth one. It was the perfect opportunity for Kaylee to go back to her apartment, and see her Mom which she missed dearly and her dog. That one specific evening at home, Kaylee was enjoying reading a book and having tea when her phone started ringing. The name that popped up made her heart skip not one but several beats, it's been a while she thought, that Danielle had reached out.

She grabbed her phone and answered the call while burying herself against her pillow "Hello..?" she asked softly. Her eyes felt heavy, if it wasn't for her restless thinking she would be asleep already.

"You sound tired, I better call another time." The sweet delicate voice on the other line replied, but the brunette smiled against the pillow. That voice, the same voice she had missed dearly made her jump out of her tiredness.

"No, it's okay. " she cut her off. "I was actually reading, and enjoying a cup of tea."

"Plain and no extra sugar." The familiarity of Danielle's voice and the fact that she remembered made Kaylee's smile grow bigger. "Your tea, I mean.."

"Yeah, exactly. I do remember the early days when you'd offer me hot drinks nearly every day. You've nailed that point."

Danielle sighed against the microphone, loud enough for the other girl to hear her. Reminiscing on the days before everything got so complicated and the brunette was literally all she was looking forward to meeting on set seemed like they belonged to the past. "I...I hope you're enjoying the break."

"I am, in fact I'm spending time with my mom which I missed a lot and being back home feels really nice. Are you back, yet?"

"No, I'm still currently staying at the hotel. I mean with almost everyone gone I finally have time to get to studying without interruptions."

"I was one of those, wasn't I?" Kaylee regretted her question immediately. "No." Danielle wasn't that convincing but was quick to explain herself "In fact..I was calling because I missed you."

"Yeah, but with me around you'd probably never get to your studying."

"I figured I can do both. With filming off I have one less thing to worry about." The auburn sounded hopeful, that the other girl would want to see her as much as she did.

"So, you want to meet up?" Kaylee beamed at her phone but tried to control herself, while the other girl laughed. "Yes, I want to see you.. I mean if you're up for it too. I wouldn't want to invade your personal time with your mom-"

"Definitely not invading. I would love to have you, actually you can stay at my place as we have an extra guest room. You shouldn't be spending the break alone."

"Oh- guest room.." Danielle stressed how she was now offered to stay separately from the other girl but she figured it wouldn't be that easy to get things back to the way they used to be "that's..that's a kind offer, and I will most definitely accept it."

Kaylee pressed her book against her chest, hoping her heart wouldn't jump out of it. "Okay, I'll be texting you the address soon let me know when you can make it."

"Sounds great, thanks for this. And for picking up in the middle of the night.." there was so much more Danielle would rather say but it wasn't particularly clever to rush this, as she was the one asking for distance "oh, and..how will I introduce myself to your mom?"

Kaylee blinked several times at the question and the meaning behind it "Mom knows about you.." she paused and swallowed thickly "erhm, I mean she knows that we work together that's all, no pressure whatsoever."

"Oh - okay, no pressure. Got it." Danielle giggled somewhat awkwardly but the brunette was quick enough to lighten the atmosphere.

"You should however worry about the impression you will have on my dog. He is a little brat, and you should be on your best behaviour if you want to get him to like you."

"I think I'll be good with him, considering Romeo loves me and usually licks the heck out of me."

"Romeo?"

"My dog." Danielle smiles absentmindedly with thoughts of her little furry boy.

"Oh, good then I trust you two will get along well. And Danielle..?" Kaylee's voice drifted off before the other girl replied sweetly "yes?"

"I've missed you too."

The other line fell silent, but deep down Kaylee knew Danielle was most likely smiling at the confession, at least that's what she hoped she was doing and after a few moments the auburn released another sigh, a melancholic one. "Not long, now."