35. Giving us a chance

// A Kaylee appreciation episode because this story has been too focused on Danielle and her needs lol //

For the brunette it wasn't unusual to find a coffee waiting for her, thinking one of the make up staff or one of her fellow cast members had returned a favour or simply showed their appreciation for the girl's kindness and positive character. Kaylee was loved by everybody since she was really open and expressed her love loudly even to people she didn't really associate with a lot.

However, the girl was surprised to find a message signed by D, meaning it was most likely her crush who went out of her way to apologize with a message:

"I feel like the worst person in the whole world. I'm truly sorry for yesterday and want you to know that you didn't deserve that. I need you in my life, Kaylee. You are my best friend, you are my everything."

The brunette couldn't help her fingers from shaking, as she was filled with a warm fuzzy tingling and she would keep that coffee mug forever, if she could. The question still remained, however, did Danielle make up her mind about them dating or did she insinuate that they would remain best friends by that little message?

Kaylee tried not to dwell too much on this for the moment, as it was the only thing currently on her mind making her mess up her lines slightly but soon enough she was released and went back to the loft finally able to take a hot shower and relax after a long day of filming.

Jenny knocked on her door.

"I know what's gonna make you feel better. Chinese take out! "

Kaylee laughed.

"I'm fine really, but thanks for keeping me on track today especially on set. You literally are the definition of a big sister and saved my ass on several occasions."

"Well, I know what it's like filming while having love trouble. Sometimes it's difficult to detach from reality and immerse yourself in your character and their emotions when yours are so different." Jenny sat on Kaylee's bed while looking through the Chinese catalog.

"Is there sushi on there?"

"You're obsessed with that thing."

"It's fucking good, that's why. By the way, I think I might order something for Dani. I expect her to be back late and it'll be nice.."

"You are literally the cutest girlfriend anyone can have, I wonder why that bitch is taking so long to realize it." Jenny tapped her fingers on the bed while trying to decide what she wanted for food.

Kaylee giggles and rolls her eyes, avoiding to answer to that. After a few more minutes of talking about their options the girls finally decided what to order and soon parted ways, with Jenny going back to her room to give Kaylee some time to relax. After about two hours Danielle returned home, sighing as soon as she put her backpack and keys away finding late filming quite hard as she had to stand outside in the cold no matter the weather conditions.

After changing into warm pajamas she wished to see Kaylee so she gently knocked on the girl's door, waiting patiently to see if she was asleep or not.

"Come in.." Kaylee mumbled half asleep, covered with her blanket and gazing at her laptop screen.

"Hi, it's me.."

Kaylee immediately smiled when seeing the other girl in her fluffy clothing and finding that she wanted to see her that late in the night instead of going straight to bed, and opened up her blanket inviting the other girl in. Danielle didn't waste a second and shot herself on the bed, inside the warmth of Kaylee's embrace and cozy bed.

"You're back.."

"You say that as if you've been waiting for me."

"What if I was?"

"Then you're the cutest, ever."

"So I've been told.."

Danielle scrunched her face in disbelief, not only was the bartender asking about her being single today but somebody has been calling her cute, this was becoming a pure case of jealousy for the auburn and she couldn't deny it to herself anymore.

"Also, you might want to compliment me some more because I've got you some take out in the kitchen because I knew you were filming until late.."

The brunette was cut off somewhat unexpectedly by finding a warm pair of lips against her own, and she couldn't quite remember if she had fallen asleep and was dreaming or if this was actually happening.

Danielle's lips felt heavenly soft as if she had recently moisturized them, tasted a sweet type of flavor and the way she kissed this time was extremely gentle, slow and promising. Promising of certain dreams waiting to become reality, for the both of them. And sparking some type of sexual tension between them, that yet surprised the sleepy brunette.

"That's a good way to thank me too. And you taste nice."

"All more reasons to do this more often."

"Am I dreaming of this or what?"

"Yeah, it's all in your imagination, Kaylee. I'm not this perfect in real life." Danielle giggles slightly.

"Alright then, don't wake me up just yet. Let this last a bit longer, because I really like it.."

The auburn released a happy sigh while watching the other girl close her eyes and settle more against her pillow, that they shared. She took the sight in, appreciating the small details that she hadn't noticed before on the brunette's face, her sleeping profile being extremely cute to be looking at while falling asleep herself.

This indeed felt like a dreamt, that none of the girls wanted to get out off. They were completely shut away from the rest of the world, feeling secure in each other's arms, with no expectations on their shoulders. Just emotions overflowing, growing and pulling them together again.