23. Fancy a break?

Danielle Russell: Hi, babe. I'm currently having a mental breakdown over how much I need to learn but I appreciate you checking up on me. <3

Quincy turned the the phone over to Kaylee, showing the message, and pulling a face of satisfaction.

"See, she replied immediately!! You must mean a lot to her, you know."

"She didn't answer the second part of the question though. She doesn't want to see me.."

Danielle Russell: Oh, and what type of break is that? 🤔

"Shit. She just replied. Quincy we didn't think this through- " The brunette started panicking and the boy laughed, snatching the phone away again and starts typing.

Kaylee Bryant: We are meeting up at Quincy's to make some pizza and watch a movie around 8pm. See you there?

Danielle Russell: I'll come down once I'm finished. See you later <3

.
.
.

Quincy, Jenny and Kaylee had all met up at the boy's temporary place and had already set out all the ingredients to make some homemade pizza. The brunette didn't know why she felt so nervous about meeting her best friend, who she had seen almost everyday the last few months but she was extremely looking forward to digging into the others night's situation. Exactly how, she yet did not know.

/Knock on the door/

"Our little miss sunshine is here!"

"I'll get it!" Jenny calls out as she was the closest to the door.

"Hi!!! Is everyone here?" Danielle said with a cheerful sweet voice.

"Yeah, just in time for the food. I'm convinced you must be hungry after all that studying."

"In fact, I'm starving. Where's my babe?"

"Kaylee, your wife is looking for you!!" Jenny shouts.

"In here!" Kaylee shouts back from the kitchen and soon she's greeted by her beautiful best friend who's already smiling at her.

"How do you eat your pizza, love?"

"I like all kinds of stuff. A bit of everything."

"Does that apply in other things too?" Quincy asks curiously with a little bit of hint in his voice.

"What other things?"

"Jeez leave the girl alone she just got here!" Jenny says with a laugh while hitting the boy's backside.

Kaylee laughs secretly and distributes the veggies she had cut evenly on the dough. Danielle joins her and helps slice up some more vegetables next to the brunette who seemed to enjoy the close proximity and the occasional touching.

"Feeling refreshed after the cruise?" The auburn proceeds to ask.

"Yeah actually I'm already reminiscing our moments."

"Our moments?" Both girls smile at each other.

"Yeah you know, sipping wine while watching the waves and not worrying about a thing."

"Is there any other moments you miss?"

Danielle looks up at the other girl suggestively and almost misses the pepper, heading straight for her fingers instead.

"Oh- my. Danielle!" Kaylee stops the other girl from completely chopping her finger off and acts quickly by wrapping her finger with kitchen paper while taking her to the nearest bathroom. Both of their friends look at them alarmed with the situation.

"What happend?"

"She almost sliced her finger in half."

"Jesus. Did you forget you don't have healing powers off set?"

Everyone laughed momentarily and the girls made their way in the bathroom were Kaylee cleaned most of the blood off and applied a plaster on the cut as carefully as she could. Danielle was grateful, and smiling sweetly even through her pain.

"Thanks, you're always taking care of me. You're just so adorable."

"I basically had to since I was the reason you got so distracted."

Danielle smiled away from the brunette somewhat shyly, and Kaylee did not know how to interpret the situation or if she should at all.

"I'm just glad you came." Kaylee said with a small voice.

"Did you miss me already?"

Their gazes met once again, and Danielle did not need an answer. She knew Kaylee felt something. She remembered everything. From the way she was looking at her during the whole night on that boat, to the way she shared her favourite hoodie with her, and the way her lips tasted so fucking right. Danielle was lost, in her sea of questions and emotions that she didn't know how to control, because this was something new, something raw and intense. Something she didn't know whether should belong in the past, or the future.