47. One step closer

But Danielle's mind was far from thinking about a break up, she was certain she wanted to be with the other girl at this point and what she blurted out shocked the both of them.

"I want to tell the world, about us."

"Wait– what?" Kaylee couldn't believe those very words.

"I mean we'll definitely need to start from somewhere..like telling.."

"Julie."

"Exactly. It will need to be planned out precisely. Exactly what and how I am going to say it but if we do come out with the truth we won't have to hide anymore."

"I guess it could work.." Kaylee trailed off.

"You sound skeptical." Danielle leaned forward and grabbed a gentle hold of the other girl's hands within her own "If you're not ready for this we could simply keep it low key for a while longer.."

"No, it's not that. I'm just worried about the implications of our relationship blowing up..and what it will do to you."

"I get that you're worried about me but as long as I've got your support I'll pull through. I've been through worse and you've always been there for me. This is no different."

Kaylee sighed, she couldn't simply stop worrying about that major decision involving the both of them and couldn't see how Danielle would remain unaffected through all of this but one could only hope for the best.

(..)

A few days had passed since Danielle stayed over in Kaylee's family house and spent all that time bonding with her and plotting their coming out plan. Tonight she had arranged to see her boss which would hopefully grant her permission to go through with her plan and support her fully.

She did in fact feel like she needed a beer to calm her nerves down so it was a good thing they were meeting out for a drink. Danielle was dressed in a leather red jacket that complemented her skin and hair and was looking mighty hot as usual.

When she saw Julie's familiar face, her shoulders relaxed down and she realised a tight breath she was holding.

"Well, the break definitely worked its charm on you, young lady. You look great, as usual."

"Thanks, Juls. You look great yourself, not that I'm sucking up or anything like that."

Both women laughed and settled down at the small table. Julie had already treated them to the first round of beer so Danielle didn't waste the opportunity to drink after all it's been a while.

"So what's this one on one about, huh? I don't think you really did miss me that much. So, I'm ready to talk when you are."

"I just wanted to check in with you.."

"Regarding?"

"My relationship."

"Oh, do spill little one. It looks like you were up to a lot during the break. The dating world is exciting for sure."

"You know me and Kaylee were kinda a thing way before the break..actually we became close on the cruise you took us on and since then we've been kinda seeing each other.. romantically I mean."

Julie sipped her beer for a prolonged time, listening actively to Danielle who was nervously rambling on about her and Kaylee, wondering deep down what her boss was thinking about this.

"To the point where it became official..we are together. And we were thinking of coming out to the public, I mean the fans are already supportive and I won't feel all this pressure to lie in everyone's face."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for ya. I did actually advice Kaylee at some point and told her to go for it."

"You did??"

"Yeah, I did sweetheart. Why did you think I offered you both the cruise in the first place?"

"I feel like there's a but coming..."

"Trust me I know you think this is an easy case but you are going to deal with a great amount of people criticizing and scrutinising your choice, even if the fans do end up supporting you."

"Damn right, you think I don't know that?" Danielle sipped her drink calmly.

"When you are ready, you should set up a conference or a fan meeting, something small but public, so that people can hear you. Whatever you want to say is fine but you need to stand your ground. With the new season coming up you need to clearly indicate that your relationship is not going to affect the script or where the show is headed."

"Are you not worried that people might stop watching the show after they find out about my sexual preferences?"

"A drop or rise in the numbers is expected, to say the least. But please worry not, that's my business to take care of."

"Thanks, Julie..that's massive. Let me treat you the next drink?"

"Sure, we're gonna need it won't we?" Julie laughed.

(..)

Finally, after a couple more rounds and some unexpected bonding and hanging out with the older woman, Danielle took an Uber back to the hotel where she luckily remembered her hotel room number and the way to get there. However, she did stumble along a few times clearly feeling tipsy after the drinks she had. She had successfully convinced herself that if Kaylee was around she would be paying a visit to her room instead.

Danielle came faced with a cold bed, the reality was that only a few cast members were back from the break and she did miss her girlfriend terribly so hanging out with them wouldn't fill the void. Even laying on the same bed, talking about nonsense all night and making out in between seemed like a dream compared to lying around, rolling in the sheets alone. And then it struck her. If Kaylee wasn't in the same bed as her, at least she could pretend to. Perhaps a message would do the job. Or a few. Drunken ones, to mention.

 Drunken ones, to mention

Danielle. Russell:
Miss you, babe. ♥️
1:08am

My bed is empty without you.
1:09am

I know it's late but I need you to reply, please?
1:10am

Kaylee. Bryant:
Am I dreaming, or am I dating the hottest girl on the planet? 🤯
1:11am

Danielle.Rusell:
I'm all yours, baby.
1:11am

Kaylee.Bryant:
Clearly I'm in the wrong bed.
1:12am

Danielle.Russell:
typing...