28. Barbeque invitation.

Fortunately the staff lunch hall was nearly empty at this point, as most of the cast members had already been for lunch so Danielle didn't need to give much explanations about what happend, rather than a few concerned looks she got from the kitchen staff while picking up her food.

Kaylee was waiting for her on a couch across where the other girl settled shortly with a plate full of food. Meanwhile eating her food, Danielle couldn't stop laughing with Kaylee randomly talking about her day, about several bloopers that happend on set and as usual they made the most noise when they were together, their laugh echoing through the empty hall. Kaylee went as far as feeding Danielle a few times, claiming all about how she's going to check everyday if she's had enough food from now on and the auburn couldn't deny the way all this love and affection was making her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

At some point their co worker Mat Davis made an appearance and decided to walk up to the girls for a which chat, having absolutely no idea he was interupting whatever bubble they had created for themselves.

"It must feel good sitting around and eating while everyone else is working their asses off."

Danielle gave him a right glare.

"Am I not entitled to a break?"

"Don't you ever get tired of your own dark humour, Mat?" Kaylee questioned to lighten the threatening atmosphere.

"Oh please, as much as you hate it I still entertain you. Danielle can't stay away from my room even if she tried."

"Oh?" Kaylee looked over at the other girl, upon finding out this information. It wasn't really a case of importance as she knew Mat was married, however the thought alone that Danielle had been spending all this time with someone else made her feel slightly jealous.

"It's true, we do spend a lot of time together on set but only because you have ridiculous stories and it gives me more material to 'bully' you."

"So you do admit doing that. Yes!"

"Yeah bet you can't run and tell Julie. She already has it out for me anyway." Danielle sighed.

"Why? What did you do this time, Tinker Bel?" Mat smirked knowing this would arouse a temper in the auburn.

"Messed up my lines pretty bad and then apparently I fainted. Talk about achieving total embarrassment in one day."

"We all have our rough days. Don't dwell on it." The older man gave off a smile to comfort the younger girl, as he was sure she was finding it difficult being one of the lead characters in such a young age.

"Speaking like a true dad." Kaylee smiled at the two of them and noticed how Danielle was nearly done with her food and feeling much better mood wise.

"Let me tell you what. I'm heading home this weekend to see the kids, how about a barbecue and then I'm sure we can also accommodate some of you in our guest rooms. As long as you behave yourselves."

"That sounds amazing actually. I would love to meet your real children, and tell them how their dad has this magical school for the young and gifted."

Danielle snorted out loud at Kayle's comment but went along with it.

"And I'll tell them all about their dad and his hilarious dark and twisted humour."

"Okay never mind, you're both not invited." Mat crossed his arms, in an attempt to tease the girls who were considering his idea.

"There we go, good old Mat showing his true colours."

"Shut up, stumpy."

"I swear he's getting on my nerves."

"No wonder you're short tempered."

"Oh my god guys, stop. Count us in for the barbeque, Mat." Kaylee said while bursting herself laughing with Danielle's and Mat's back and forth non stop teasing.

After Mat had left and the girls found themselves alone again, Kaylee reached out a hand and wiped the small curve on Danielle's lips that was slightly stained with food. The other girl smiled fondly at her and the subtle touch of affection.

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah, like a lot better. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you and all the things you do for me. You're so understanding while I'm..just chaotic to say the least."

"I don't think you're chaotic, at all. I actually think you very well put together. You're studying, you're leading this whole damn show and doing amazing at that, you make time for your friends. For me. It's not humanely possible not to have lows every now and then."

"You, Kaylee Bryant, have a way with words that's undeniably flattering. You make me sound like a superwoman."

"Does that mean you're falling for the way I speak?" Kaylee leaned in slightly and whispered, not that there was anyone around to listen to their private conversation but she was still cautious.

"I'm falling because it's you. "