29. The arrival

The weekend couldn't come sooner, and another getaway awaited the girls. With their romance established and their connection growing stronger each day Kaylee felt her heart flutter in unexplained ways each time she passed by Danielle's room, or met the other girl randomly around the flat or sneaked in the bathroom when Danielle was having showers as she purposely wanted to steal glances of her body. Kaylee admired Danielle's curvy body, and was making every effort to make her appreciate it the same way that she did considering her latest body issues. And Kaylee wanted to do a lot more than just enjoy the occasional glances of the other girl's figure. She yearned to have her, touch her, taste her. Maybe someday. When the time was right.

That evening the three girls dressed themselves in formal wear for the dinner in Mat's house and spent a good amount of time doing their make up, Kaylee couldn't decide which shade of lipstick matched best with her outfit so she decided to pop next door but when she saw Danielle reaching up into the mirror doing her own make up wearing heels and a mini skirt that left a fair amount of her legs exposed, she froze in place.

"Hi stranger."

The girl spoke in a low tone once she spotted the brunette standing at her door, and Danielle's voice has always sounded sexy in Kaylee's ears but this time she noticed the things it did to her. Kaylee was thinking of all the possibilities , something that wasn't feasible before.

Breathe. The girl needed to breathe, as she had apparently forgotten how to upon meeting this beauty.

"Um, hi sorry I swear I wasn't stalking you or anything I just needed your help with something..."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that babe."

Danielle responded quickly but with a hint of playfulness in her voice. Kaylee was caught in the act, and it wasn't the first time.

"Well, I might occasionally be. And rightfully so, you know. You look absolutely.. breathtaking."

Danielle popped her lips after she had finished applying her make up, and took one last look of herself in the mirror checking if everything looked right before turning back and looking at the brunette, who was equally as flattering. Her eyes scanning her body as if she was enjoying what she was seeing.

"All I can say is damn, we make a killer combination. And thanks, by the way, for the compliment. You look really good yourself."

"We both do. Now I need your opinion, should I go light or dark with my lipstick?"

Kaylee held up the two colours and gave Danielle a moment to think but what the other girl came up with, surprised her. The auburn took a gentle hold of her hands, bringing them down just enough to be able to apply a small kiss on her lips. Leaving her imprint of her own lipstick.

"What about this colour?"

"Cute."

Jenny walked past, catching the two kissing and gave them a provoking wink. Their housemate didn't really mind the occasional flirting and subtle sneaking around that was going on lately, she was more on the line of enjoying Danielle's good mood and Kaylee's chasing games.

"Come on ladies, the driver won't wait around for us all day."

"Okay, coming! Coming!"

..

Matt's house was as big as they had imagined, and the enormous entrance prepared them for what's to come inside. They were greeted with a lovely spacious living room that opened up to the garden, decorated with all kinds of natural beauty and massive grounds of grass. And a well equipped barbeque space.

Matt was right there against the grill already preparing the food so the girls were greeted by his wife and children who were curious to meet the Legacies cast. The two small girls ran up to the cast and almost bumped at their feet, trying their best to show their excitement and Matthew laughed all the way from outside thinking he raised them right.

"Girls please behave yourselves. We need to let our guest have a walk around first before attacking them." Kiley called out.

"I want an autograph from Hope!!" The older sibling Ripley yelled out in desperation and the auburn laughed, that sweet laugh that everyone loved echoed throughout the whole living room.

"I'll tell you what, you will get autographs from all of us." Jenny said in her sweetest voice and the children were completely in an ectastic state.

"Josie!!" The smaller silbing ran curiously towards the beautiful brunette who had sat down on the couch, and started touching her hair.

"So you've watched all the episodes of Legacies so far? Are you not afraid of the monsters?"

"Dad tells us they are fake monsters and it's just people dressed up in costumes." The smaller silbing explains.

"Yeah and actually people wearing those costumes must suffer a lot from feeling hot and tired with all that make up on them so it takes away the scary part." The older sibling adds.

"Wow your children have some massive knowledge there Matt." Danielle looks over at the man who had a huge grin on his face as she walks over to greet him.

The auburn kisses him on the cheek briefly and looks back at everyone sitting at the living room, having a conversation and playing with the small children, feeling her heart filled with content.

"You have a lovely family. And your wife.."

"She's hot as hell, right?" Matt whispers somewhat closely to Danielle's ear.

"I was going to say she looks classy and smart, but never mind you beat me to it." Danielle laughs softly.

"She's nothing like me. I'm a huge jokester and she simply puts up with me."

"Yeah, I know what that's like. I'm working with you everyday." The auburn gives off a playful smirk.

"Oh yeah poor Danielle has to put up with my ass 24/7, everyone feel sorry for her."

"Shut up and watch those meats. You're gonna burn them."

"Thanks for advise sweetheart but I know what it takes to grill good meat and how to keep it real juicy."

"Eww. I'm heading back, you're seriously on a roll today and I hadn't even had a drink yet."

Matt sipped his beer with a continuous laugh and Danielle headed back inside where the adults where enjoying wine and the children played on the carpet by themselves. The girls got to know Matt's wife for an hour or so, before the bell rang and a few more cast members made their way into the house. Danielle thought this was going to be a quiet night, one that she could probably use to spend more time with Kaylee alone, somewhere in those guest rooms but seeing Aria out of everyone made her second guess her plans.

"Oh no, here we go. Pour me another wine."