27. A safe space.

•trigger warning

The next morning found the two girls curled up on the same couch, nuzzling into each other, soft skins touching, hair mixing and this almost felt like a dream. Kaylee started applying small kisses on the other girl's temple and down towards her nose to stir her awake as they needed to get ready for work soon, unfortunately as this wasn't something either of them wanted right now.

The two other housemates had also just woken up and followed their usual morning routine and just in under an hour they all settled in an Uber that took them straight to the set. Jenny could definitely notice the flirtarious atmosphere, the inside jokes and secret smiles the girls had been exchanging during the whole ride and she was more than happy to see the two creating something out of their friendship but didn't address what she had seen last night at all.

During the day the cast filmed separate scenes and the girls had barely seen each other even though they were filming on the same location. Danielle spent most of her day filming with Aria as usual, and the boy noticed something out of the ordinary as he was watching the girl he liked perform her scenes. Danielle forgot a rightful amount of lines, and also looked as if she was mentally exhausted or elsewhere. At one of the breaks he approached her with a concerned look on his face.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, what do you mean?"

"You seem..I don't know how to put it in words actually. Out of it today..what's on your mind..?"

"K..uh, I mean I just kinda had a late night last night and I'm trying to make up for it."

"Sounds fun. I thought you were all about studying and stuff. I guess I was wrong."

"I am all about studying but um.. other things come up and I have to juggle my time. Why am I being interrogated right now?"

"Oh, it's not an interrogation. You know me, I'm just simply interested. We are together basically the whole day I wanna know things about you."

"Fair enough. Anyway, I think I'm going to chill in my trailer for a bit until this break is over. Practice my lines a little better so mister perfect isn't complaining."

"But it's lunch time, aren't you joining me?"

"I'm good. I'll have a snack bar or something."

"That's barely enough food after all those fighting scenes but you know best. See you later, D."

"Whatever, see you later."

Danielle basically dismissed the boy's opinion and headed to her trailer but on the way there she felt massively light headed and her vision slowly started becoming blurry. Her heartbeat started racing upon feeling this massive wave of dizziness, stress feeling her up as it was something she had never experienced before. In just a few seconds the auburn found herself on the floor, barely able to see what's right in front of her. Luckily some of the staff members walking by noticed the helpless girl who was on the floor not able to support herself and ran straight to offer help and pick her up placing her somewhere that was safe.

After the news travelled on set Kaylee was dying to get out of filming to check up on Danielle, while connecting the dots in her head. It made sense to her as she had watched the amount of food the girl was consuming and this morning they had also skipped on breakfast and she hadn't seen Danielle during their lunch hour that they usually had together. And so it was expected Danielle could crumble at some point.

Finally, when Kaylee was released from her scene she quickly made her way to Dani's trailer where she could hear a loud argument taking place and decided to wait for a few minutes before knocking.

"How could you do this to yourself? I've told you numerous times you don't have to change anything and it was actually one of our unspoken terms that you literally fit the role perfectly."

"Julie, I know you don't have to remind me. I never said it was your fault but really can you blame me? There's so much going on in my life and then there's those dreadful comments about my weight online-"

"If those comments are affecting you so much then you should seek help, come to me or anyone else. But please, for the love of god don't take it out on yourself."

/knock on the door/

"Am I interupting..?" Kaylee asked hesitantly before entering the door and Danielle turned away not able to face her at the moment, feeling embarrassed with the context of the conversation and opening up about her issue.

"Actually we were having quite an important conversation so if you don't mind.."

"No she can stay." Danielle says weakly.

"This conversation is not over, Danielle."

"I want her to stay."

Kaylee approached the couch where the other girl was sitting with a plushie in her arms looking like a defeated puppy after the argument with her boss, and Julie settled down after literally pacing the trailer numerous times from her anger.

"It's fine you can carry on, I might be able to help with this actually."

"Alright, go on tell her. Tell Kaylee how you have been starving yourself because you want to look better. Because a few anonymous people think their opinion should matter. Tell her about how your performance was affected today."

"Look Julie- this might not be the best approach right now.."

"Kaylee, when I tell you this could have been avoided and that I am absolutely devasted that she let this happen to herself.."

"Can we not talk as if this is completely Dani's fault? It's our fault for not noticing, too. Although I did notice and I should have said something earlier.."

"You've noticed..?" Danielle wonders with a weak voice full of shame, also being at the verge of crying right now. Just the way Kaylee was defending her was making her more emotional and she couldn't carry on the conversation in front of her intimidating boss.

"Hey how about you give us a minute and we can all come back to this later today?" Kaylee suggesting while reading Danielle's face.

"Fine- I have to check up on some other things but I'll be back, and we'll sort it out he way it's supposed to be sorted. Don't do anything stupid in the meantime. Give her something to eat."

"Thanks, Julie. I'll take over from here."

Kaylee kindly showed her boss off the trailer and then returned on the couch, watching how Danielle had placed her stuffed animal away and quickly made her way into the girl's arms, that wrapped around her weak body very protectivelya and securely. All this time she was trying to put forward a strong front, when her boss was calling her out but now it was time to let go. That's just how Danielle was. She melted in the right hands. She also trusted Kaylee, more than anyone right at this moment. She didn't scare her off, nor did her issues. Kaylee was the type of person who listened, and always remained by her side through the thick and thin. Maybe this was something they could work out together, as a team. As lovers, even.

"All I'm gonna say is I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not addressing this sooner with you first of all as a friend."

"It wasn't your issue to address, Kaylee. I should seek help sooner, or simply stayed away from the media. But it's so fucking hard when all they want us to do is promote ourselves all the time for the show."

"I get it, you felt as if you had no choice. But you do. I suggest staying away from the media for a while. You can appear on mine and other cast member's live. It will be like a safe net."

"I like the sound of that. Thanks..for everything. For being here for me."

"You literally don't have to thank me. By the way, I know I'm kinda biased here but your body is incredible and do not try to argue with me right now."

"You're not just a little biased. You practically like me so it goes without saying."

"I like you a lot, as a matter of fact. But unfortunately, feeding on love will not do it so how about we have some actual lunch together?"

Danielle broke out into a little smile.

"Sure, let's have lunch together."