33. How do I make it official?

As per usual the young talented actress found herself juggling between work and college related studying but took a much needed break away from social media, as requested by her best friend, to ease the phycological pressure to conform to a certain image for her role of Hope Mikaelson. Hope was literally her second persona now, hell she even thought she related to the fictional character in more than one ways.

While scribbling away some notes from her college lesson taking place on zoom, a notification popped up on her phone and even though she took several minutes to get to it, the smile on her face was immediately there.

Kaylee Bryant: Mind if I Weasley my way into your heart? ✨

Danielle Russell: Are you using the Confundus charm, or are you just naturally mind-blowing? 🤯

Danielle laughed at her phone for several good minutes forgetting all about her professor mumbling nonsense about business on her screen and all of her attention was now on her phone, zooming over Kayle's face in that sweet picture she received.

Kaylee Bryant: Enchanting you was supposed to be my job bitch.

Danielle Russell: Hahaha. I guess I beat you to it. Did you get a nose piercing?

Kaylee Bryant: Yeah, just trying it out. What do you think?

Danielle Russell: I think you look hot, and you're definitely distracting me from my lesson but I don't even care.

Kaylee Bryant: Damn. Sorry babes. Movie and take out tonight? 🍕

Danielle Russell: Count me in. <3

(..)

"Can you sit your ass down for a minute? Come, talk to me! I feel like I'm missing something. I thought you would be happy Danielle's off work and watching a movie with us." Jenny said with a concerned look.

Kaylee had been pacing up and down the living room, tidying here and there without actually needing to and had been stuffing her face with all kinds of snacks while waiting for a certain someone to arrive from work.

"Shit. Can you tell I'm that nervous?"

"Well, duh! You're more hyper than usual. What's the catch here?"

"I've just been thinking.." Kaylee plopped down on the couch and exhaled. "It's been two weeks now, that me and Dani have had..something going on. And it's all magical and stuff...but I think I want to make it official. I really want to ask her out."

Jenny released a really high pitched "aww" that took the brunette by suprise and made her laugh at the same time.

"And what's wrong with wanting to make it official? Afraid you'll be rejected?"

"We hadn't had any extensive talks about it yet, but from what I have realized Danielle is in a place where she needs time for her work and school and she's not ready to commit fully to someone."

"Well, she can make an exception for you."

"Will she, though? And do I really wanna put that pressure on her with everything going on?"

"I suggest you go for it. From what I can tell the girl would be in good hands, and there's no one out there making her happier than you right now. She'd be a fool to pass on an opportunity like that."

"That's exactly the pep talk that I needed. Thanks–"

The girls exchanged a comforting hug at the same time as Danielle made an entrance to their little loft. Her eyes lighting up when she spotted her housemates in the living room that was filled with snacks on the table, and a few lit candles over the furniture.

"Let me guess, we are watching a romantic film or something?"

"Take it on with her, she's into candles and stuff. I told her it's a bit much for my taste.." Jenny said on her way to the kitchen to bring out some wine.

"Hi baby.." The auburn approached the girl sitting on the couch looking a bit closed off but happy to see her nonetheless.

"Hi wifey, how was your day my love?"

Kaylee opened her arms and found the tired actress clashing down and straight into her embrace, where she held her gently.

"Oh you know, fine as usual. Filming and studying in between my breaks doesn't really give me much time to wind down. So I'm all for coming home to this..to you."

"Well I'm glad me and my hugs are of good service."

Danielle released a low laugh and her blue eyes locked with brown, the kind of stare that shoot those freaking butterflies down Kaylee's stomach every god damn time but before they could close in a kiss Jenny made a dramatic entrance in the living room.

"I'm officially a third wheel now."

"And there's nothing you can do about it." Danielle smirked slightly.

The rest of the evening found the girls watching romantic films, eating and engaging in small talk about the fictional characters on screen. That was until Jenny played her part in pretending she was tired and left them to finish the movie by themselves.

Danielle was more than comfortably laying across Kaylee's arms, and her head was resting on the girl's chest where it was nice and soft and without much effort she could sense and hear Kayle's heartbeat beating extremely fast.

The brunette, on the other hand, was gently stroking Danielle's hair that was still styled in beautiful wavy locks from today's shoot, trying to soothe her nerves about a certain issue and not paying attention to the movie whatsoever.

"Okay– what's wrong, baby?" Danielle whispered softly while looking up from the screen to the brunette's face.

"Uh..nothing– in specific. Why?"

Danielle raised a brow and slowly pulled herself up, in an upright position.

"First of all, you don't sound too certain, your heart's beating like you're on a roller coaster and second don't give me that 'nothing' response. You know I hate it."

"Okay- I figured I probably shouldn't say something but I've been thinking about us..a lot.." Kaylee paused and shallowed nervously trying to find the right words in her head. "And I don't wanna rush this or anything, but what exactly are we?"

"What are we?" Danielle's voice suddenly became weak as if she was a nervous wreck. "I haven't really asked myself that question..I guess I was going with the flow..or whatever.."

"Soo...would it be fair to ask you to be my girlfriend right now?"

"Wait...what– really??"

Danielle obviously froze in place, her eyes getting that enigmatic look all over again and staying away from Kaylee's promising gaze. She knew the girl was too good for her, she knew what they had was special and comforting in ways she could have never imagined, but all she had been telling herself was that she didn't need a relationship when she barely had time to keep up with her responsibilities as it is. So what was the right answer, the right choice to be made here?