22. The right choice.

Coming back to reality from the relaxing getaway cruise was hard for everyone but especially Danielle and Kaylee, whose friendship was on the line. The girls settled back into their rooms and the brunette decided to text one of her closest friends Quincy for a quick coffee, to catch up on what had happened.

Kaylee left the loft while Danielle was catching up on the studying she didn't do during the weekend and met up with the boy at one of the cozy street cafes in the neighborhood.

"Thanks for meeting up so quickly. We have a lot to catch up on and I need your opinion on something." The brunette hugs the boy.

"Ooh, damn sounds like it's going to be juicy."

"You could call it that. Anyway, would you like the usual? I'm treating us today and I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Uh, yeah obviously! Thank you my love."

"No problem, Quincy. Be right back!"

Kaylee came back with two cold coffees in hand a huge smile on her face, and slightly rosy cheeks.

"That bartender was really flattering me.."

"Yeah, let's not talk about the heart on your cup next to your name."

"Oh wow, I've just seen that."

"Did you get her details?"

"Quincy noo!! That's really straightforward and if I'm being honest I couldn't figure if she was actually flirting with me or being nice."

"Oh come on, Kay- it's obviously flirting when it comes to you and your undeniable charm."

"Oh stop it you." Kaylee started sipping her coffee with a giggle.

"So what's the emergency you called me here for?"

"Okay- so.." Kaylee mumbled under her breath "I think I like Danielle..."

"What was that?" Quincy blinked, trying to guess if he heard correctly or not. The news were not shocking to him especially, but he had to double check if Kaylee actually just confessed.

"Ugh. You heard me the first time."

"Come on, everyone likes Danielle- you gotta try harder than that, convince me. Did something happen?"

"Ugh, fine. I'm in love with her. The more I get to know her and spend time doing everyday things together, the harder I'm falling. And in case you haven't noticed she's giving in to me quite a lot. So I didn't know if I was misreading the signs or if she's actually feeling something.."

"Oh my god. What happend? Spill everything now."

"So we went on a cruise for the weekend, we had a bit too much to drink and then we got a bit close in the bedroom.."

"Did you do the unspeakable??"

"Noo.." Kaylee laughed rather awkwardly. She was never the one to find it easy to discuss her sex life or conquests.

"Come on kid, give me something steamy here."

"She basically asked me to kiss her and I went for it. We kissed for quite a while, and I swear on my life she was into it. But the next day..she acted like she didn't remember anything."

"Wait- hold up. She's the one who asked you? Damn, girl must be hiding something. What if she's just scared how that's gonna affect your friendship and she's pretending she doesn't remember?"

"That could be one scenario..but what if she simply regretted it and didn't want to mention it ever again?"

"Let's not focus on bad thoughts!"

"But Quincy...I might be her first, for all I know. And it's not that easy to date cast members you know that."

"Did anyone else see you? Does anyone know?"

"Yeah actually, Julie was there. And she's the one who told me to go for it."

"So as far as Julie is okay with it all, why is it so difficult?"

"Because Aria asked Danielle out the other day and apparently there was a huge fight on set. The girl is going under so much pressure so I don't want to add to that."

"I say we text her. Try to get close to her again and see what happens." Quin snaps the brunette's phone and uses her face to unlock it.

"No, no she's studying right now!"

"Well, if she answers that just means she cares about you. Let me just.. you'll see!!"

Quincy starts typing a message and before Kaylee even realises the message is sent through. The girl is mentally facepalming herself. What if this is too much, and too soon?

Kaylee Bryant: How's studying going, cutie? Fancy a break tonight?🥰

16.47pm

Danielle Russell: typing.....