42. I want you back.

"You've caused quite the reaction in our fanbase." Kaylee laughs somewhat nervously, knowing that Danielle doesn't enjoy people messing with her business too much so being back on social media meant the pressure was back.

"Yeah, I was meant to. You were too cute for me to keep it all to myself. I'm sure your fans will appreciate it." The actress admits as she takes a seat on the opposite side of the couch with the dog immediately alerted and running up on her lap.

"I thought you didn't want to get involved? At least that's what we had agreed for your own mental health.." Kaylee tilted her head.

"I'm better now." Danielle reassures the other with a warm smile as she gets a bit more cozy under the blanket Kaylee was using and pulling it over her legs needily "share with me..?". Barrett was still on her and she found it soothing to pet him while the movie was on, the dog seemed content as well.

"I'm really glad to hear that. You know you can always tell me when things get too much for you.." Danielle cut the girl off quick enough "can you stop worrying and enjoy the movie for once?" she smiled reassuringly.

"I'll try.."

Kaylee pouted her lips, rather in an attempt to show how concerned she was but soon her features softened when Barrett went and sat in the middle, after doing several circles around himself and the spot.

"Wow, that's a first." Kaylee smiled "What is?" Danielle turned her head to watch the dog who was looking up at them "It looks like he can't choose one or another, he likes both of us and feels safe enough to sit in the middle. You Danielle Rose Russell have won over my dog."

"Told you he's adorable."

"My adorable little munchkin." Kaylee made a ridiculously high pitched noise at her dog and the other girl laughed for a moment or two.

The girls turned their attention back to the screen, watching the movie happily while Kaylee's dog started snoring softly. In this exact moment, everything fell back into place. The two were spending some much needed time together, with no expectations this time and it was simply the purest feeling of happiness they could experience. While petting the sleepy dog, Danielle felt Kaylee trying to do the same but their fingers brushed past one another's gently, electricity immediately sparking between them. However none of them retreated back their hands. Sure enough Kaylee gathered her confidence and finally voiced her thoughts.

"I missed this."

"Which part?"

"All of it, Danielle.."

Danielle melted into a soft smile, and turned her attention to the brunette locking eyes together as blue met brown, and it was extremely easy to tell that the girl in front of her still had certain feelings within her. And she was happy about that, more than happy actually. All her questions were answered, at last.

"I know I've been distant, and you didn't deserve that Kaylee.." Danielle sighs, obviously feeling apologetic for her recent decision "..but it truly helped me get my shit together."

"I know, it was worth giving yourself space. And hey, I'm still right here aren't I?"

With fingers now interlaced together, Kaylee squeezed the other girl's hand tightly providing a certain feeling of reassurance. She wasn't letting go, proving how much the other girl meant to her. A smile perked up on the auburn's face, as she pulled Kaylee's hand up to her lips. She kissed her knuckles gently before placing it back down, which made Kaylee's heart melt at the chivalry.

"Yeah, and I don't exactly know how to thank you for staying and waiting for me.."

"Thank me?" Kaylee furrowed her eyebrows "..you don't have to thank me for anything. Staying is a conscious decision that I was willing to make and I would keep making in every scenario. You're worth as much, Danielle."

"Well, in this one I would want us to be on good terms, you know? Like we were before.."

Kaylee titled her head, trying to figure out where this conversation was going.

"Meaning..friends like before or..?

The other girl licked her dry lips and shifted her gaze nervously on anywhere but Kaylee's eyes, and the brunette could read right through her nerves and cute stuttering "No, n-not friends.." Danielle's voice was unstable and messy "I mean yeah obviously you'd still get to be my friend, in all of the scenarios but in this particular one.."

Danielle picked up her gaze, as if her eyes were trying to communicate with the brunette's, the other girl definitely noticed the changed and softened tone of her voice, she noticed her gorgeous eyes that were merely staring at her lips this time as if she was thinking of tasting them and damn there was nothing in the whole world that would convince her otherwise.

"In this scenario, I'd want you to be mine again, Kaylee.."

The brunette couldn't quite express the overflowing emotions that took over her that moment but instead she grabbed the other girl by her shirt and pulled her in for the most unimaginably desperate and
beautiful kiss they had shared so far. It was like earning a well deserved breath of oxygen after being deprived for so long. Danielle was slightly surprised to be greeted by tasty lips, and by the action itself which showed her how much the other girl had been wishing and dreaming of this exact moment. She accidentally let a giggle surpass her mouth at Kaylee's neediness, but their lips didn't detach instead Kaylee mumbled "..what?" and continued kissing the other girl delightfully.

"I guess that's a yes?" Danielle managed to whisper back against the other's moist sweet lips. "Mhm, pretty sure it's a yes.." Kaylee knew she was indulging herself much more than what she had promised herself she would, after all she knew the consequences of pressuring Danielle into things, but she was too damn restless to be even thinking about this right now.

Instead, her mind was overwhelmed with consuming the girl's lips that she missed so dearly, and further decided to move her own on her jaw line and slowly down her neck, capturing the skin between her lips and sucking on it hungrily just enough to arouse some sort of satisfaction inside Danielle.

"F-Fuck..Kaylee.." the auburn breathed out in her outmost sexy voice, loud enough for the dog to wake up and start growling at her. "Shit, I forgot about Barrett."

Kaylee quickly clashed back to reality detaching her mouth from Danielle's neck when she heard the little growl coming from her furry friend and released a quiet giggle, remembering how her mom was asleep so they shouldn't make too much noise.

"There, I told you he gets possessive." Kaylee tried to soothe down Barrett.

"Easy now, little guy. I'm not stealing your mommy..or I might. Who knows?"

Kaylee smiled at the comment made and placed the dog on the floor "Bed time.." she instructed and the dog walked back to his bed where he laid, watching them with a grumpy face.

"Damn, he will hate me now Kaylee."

"Don't worry, you'll earn back your trust tomorrow. I've got some treats that he really likes and that's practically the way into his heart."

"And what's yours..?" Danielle moved herself closer to the brunette, now with the dog gone from in-between them she could actually cuddle her, and immediately planted her face on the crook of her neck between her hoodie and her warm skin. "Just for research purposes."

"Research purposes?" Kaylee broke out into laughter and passed an arm around Danielle, pulling her in closer enjoying how she was trying to breathe in her scent and occasionally left small kisses there "You know my way into my heart, you've made it a long time ago and still you reside there."

"That's where I wanna stay."