7. A friendly drink

"Kay-- can you turn the volume down a bit? I'm trying to sleep for god's sake."

Of course, it would be no other than Jenny, their third roommate and her complaint actually made Kaylee jump off her close position with Danielle and shut her music off as fast as she could. She replied a simple "Sorry.." and waited for Jenny to go away, listening to her footsteps drift off.

When she settled back down she was surprised to find a sleepy Danielle looking at her, with a tired but still beautiful smile.

"You do realize that's the second night in a row we sleep together?"

"Yeah, although I don't mind it.."

"I like how you're cool with me invading your personal space from day one."

Danielle joked and Kaylee broke into a short laugh. The girls had become close friends in a matter of days, and for a fact they were spending a lot of time together compared to the time they spent with their own personal friends or the rest of the Legacies cast.

"We are housemates, is there even a personal space? Plus, I enjoy your company as you have already realized."

"Yeah, a bit more than you probably should."

"Caught in the act.."

Danielle teased, but she wasn't really judging the other girl. It turns out she was as much in need of a close friend as Kaylee, so the two of them settled closer to each other again, with their foreheads almost colliding. At this point, point they had become a bit more comfortable with touching and holding each other so once they were both tucked under the covers they closed their eyes and tried to relax.

However, Kaylee was a bit worried Danielle would sense her fast heartbeat as their chests were nearly pressing against each others so she couldn't exactly 'relax' as she wished. Sleep came delayed for the brunette who was trying her best to make herself think about things that had nothing to do with how she could feel Danielle's warmth, quiet breathing, her distinctive perfume, and feel her hair tickle the skin of her neck.

Morning came sooner than expected for the two sleepy girls, and their alarm clocks went off, giving them a right scare. They both took their individual time to get ready and as discussed they made Jenny drive them to the set. The three of them basically filmed around the same schedule so it worked out with being on set at the same time.

However Danielle spent a long time filming  specific scenes with other cast members, including Aria who was also growing fond of her and eventually ended up inviting her out for a drink. It was nowhere near to a flirty kind of attempt, rather the boy was trying to get to know her better in hopes they would develop some form of communication  that would help their chemistry on screen and their friendship in general.

"So how about that drink? Does tonight work for you?"

The auburn was occupied with her phone, not really paying attention to Aria talking to her. Instead she just pressed a heart on Kaylee's picture, which she had just posted from her own trailer a few minutes ago.

 Instead she just pressed a heart on Kaylee's picture, which she had just posted from her own trailer a few minutes ago

Kaylee Bryant: On the set, getting ready. #legacies #tvdu

Likes 20k | Comments 13k

fan62738: Love from Brazil!! ♥️

Jenny Boyd: Nothing more beautiful than my on screen sister!!

fan82616: stunning!! Love you Kaylee 😻

Quincy Fouse: Dang, you're glowing girl.

Kaylee Bryant: I have the best co workers/friends in the world. 🙏

Danielle Russell: marry me..?

fan62828: omg!! Danielle's comment everyone!!!

Danielle got slightly startled when Aria nudged her with his elbow, they were sitting next to each other on those wooden chairs they have on set but the auburn was more focused on her phone than actually replying back to him.

"Don't do that!"

"What? Sorry I didn't mean to scare ya-"

"Touch me, without a reason. Plus you're being nosy looking over my phone Aria!!"

"Okay, listen you don't have to answer me now but I would like to have an answer at some point-"

"I accept."

"Really?"

"Yeah, let's go out for a drink tonight after we are done filming. And then you can drive me back home."

"That sounds like a good plan. Straight after work then? Don't you need like time to freshen up and things?"

"No, I'll just need a few minutes to change out of this uniform or else it'll look like you're going out with a school girl or something."

"True point." Both laughed.