34. Will things get better?

This wasn't a case of a difficult or complicated decision, the choice to be made was an obvious one but for some reason Danielle hesitated to state the obvious. At this point, she was convinced the girl sitting in front of her wanted her, cherished her and most of all cared about her in her times of need. But was that what Danielle needed right now?

"Kaylee..wow..this..I really wish I could give you an answer, but I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I just can't. Sorry..I, uhm..I'm gonna go to my room. Sorry again.."

"Dani- wait, don't go..it's fine we can work something out.."

The apologetic and quite flustered Danielle left the couch in a hurry and headed for her room leaving Kaylee sighing behind her and doing nothing to stop her. She did not expect this outcome, not when it didn't even include a proper explanation. She deserved as much at least.

For the rest of the night the girls spent their time seperately but with both of their minds consumed by tonight's events, and Kaylee's proposal which was left unanswered. Well, I guess no answer is an answer too right? The brunette couldn't help it but think about the auburn beauty repeatedly without being able to sleep.

(..)

"Oh my gosh, you look so grumpy today. Lighten up! Do you need a coffee? Tea? Something?-anything to get you out of that missarable state?"

"Shut up, I do not. Just having a tough morning is all."

Jenny groaned while inserting her key into the car with Kaylee at the front seat next to her. They were driving to work together as usual.

"Let me guess. Last night did not work out as planned?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Kaylee released a melodramatic sigh as she leaned over the window, with sunglasses hanging over her nose.

"Come on, you're literally like my baby sis. You know you can tell me anything. And it's not hard to believe this has to do with miss Rose Russell and the undeniable spell she has on you."

"Was I wrong to believe we could be something? I mean we obviously feel things for each other but now I feel like I ruined everything by rushing her into things and she was already under pressure..." Kaylee started rambling while her friend listened patiently and giving her advice whenever she could.

Having to film a scene later on in the day Danielle used up her morning revising for college and enjoying some much needed time alone in the loft. Thinking back to the events of last night made her feel uneasy, with guilt filling her up and she literally wanted to pick up the phone and talk to Kaylee to see where they stood, but she had no idea what to say or even if the other girl would want anything to do with her anyway. Last night, as much as she doesn't want to admit it to herself she saw the hurt in Kaylee's eyes, the disappointment and the desperation. Was Danielle even worthy of such a person?

After all, Danielle was set on her feelings but was that consumed by work and her responsibilities that developing feelings for someone wasn't of priority right now. She did, however, want to make up to Kaylee and check up on her when she found a bit of time on set. That's why she decided to pop down to the corner cafe where Kaylee used got her coffee from.

"Hey there, what can I get you?" The bartender asked Danielle who was busy checking her phone for any sign from the other girl for the millionth time today but there was none.

"Hey..you know, um, that brunette tall kind of girl that usually picks up coffee from here? Her name's Kaylee. Make me one however she takes it please?"

"Oh, of course I know Kaylee. Are you a friend of hers? Because there's something I'd like to ask."

Danielle perked up from her phone, curious to know what was this about.

"Yeah?"

"Oh you know I was wondering, and sorry this is kind of out of line here, but it's better than straight up asking her. Is she single?"

"Oh.." Danielle exclaimed spontaneously as if she was shocked and disappointed at the same time, however she remained composed against the female bartender asking about her romantic interest.

"She isn't, sorry."

"Damn it, I've had my eyes on the girl for some time now." The flustered girl admitted as she removed herself from the counter to make the coffee.

"Another thing, can I borrow a pen?"

"Sure, feel free."

After being handed the coffee and a pen Danielle spend a minute scribbling something on the coffee for Kaylee to read later.

Danielle successfully dropped the coffee in Kaylee's trailer when she was on the set, creating a little suprise for when she was back hoping that would brighten her day and their relationship.

"Oh there you are!" Danielle got caught off guard by Julie walking by when exiting Kayle's trailer.

"Looking for her, aren't you? She's filming."

"No, I know- I came by to drop something off for her."

"You look better."

"Yeah well I've been tackling with things consistently and I'm eating properly now so.."

"That's good, lovely. I'm glad to hear your eating habits are improving. How are things with you and.." Julie signals with her head and nods towards Kaylee's trailer.

"Uhh.." Danielle didn't want to worry her boss once again, although she was the one encouraging them and witnessing their not so subtle flirting on the cruise without a problem.

"Use your words, my love. What's going on?"

"Things are a little bit shaken between us and I'm not sure where I stand..I need to make a decision, but I'm so stressed with everything going on that..I don't even know what I want."

"Listen, take your time with this. I know dating comes with a cost but if that's your girl you better act before somebody else snatches her away."

"Yeah, thanks for the reminder Julie."

Danielle rolls her eyes and looks at her phone again, the time shows 7pm which means her late filming is about to start.

"I gotta run, see you later. And not a word to Kaylee please."

"You have my word, love. Hope things get better."