11. Nobody gets to take your place

Following Danielle's subtle invite Kaylee decided to join her noisy friends on the couch, where she could appreciate the auburn's laugh a bit more closely and actually join in the conversation.

"Oh! Look who decided to join us."

"Kayleeee.." A slightly tipsy Danielle called out with a cheerful voice.

"I'm mostly here to keep an eye on her, it looks like she's back to drinking wine even after she literally couldn't walk in a straight line back here."

Danielle looked at the girl almost as if she was offended, but then flashed a smile she was holding back and a hand gently smacked her on her thigh.

"Okayy- just to remind you all, I have been working my ass off this week and if anyone deserves an extra glass that's me."

"I just don't think it's a good idea to overdo it. Although, your room is right there so you basically can crash at any time."

"Come on, the girl just wants a release. Just let her have this one."

Mat sipped his fourth glass for that night, it was known that the man had no filter after sipping big amounts of alcohol and that was about to mess with everyone's night.

"You and I both will be crashing in a minute. Where's your room again Dani?"

Kaylee widened her eyes but went unnoticed by the two who were just laughing at Mat's comment. However, Kaylee found it extremely disturbing.

"Uh, do you want me to book you a ride home Mat?"

"Let me finish this glass first. Unless, this one is taking me on in a drinking competition."

"Ohh, don't tempt me Matthew-"

"Danielle, absolutely not."

The auburn couldn't realize the state she was in, she only felt her head getting heavier by the minute and Kaylee's shoulder came in clutch as well as their height difference. The auburn laid her head on the other's shoulder and Kaylee turned to her with a soft voice.

"Wanna go to your room?"

"Mhm, I'm not sure about walking there though.."

"Don't worry, I've got you. Hey, I'm taking this one to lay down I'll be right back and then we're getting you a taxi home."

"Right, bye Danielle. Don't throw up on the way." Mat called out with a playful voice.

"Ew. I'm a lady with class you know."

"Oh, yeah. It can't get more classy than that."

"Shut up!!"

Mat started laughing when Danielle tried to get off the couch and stumbled her way to her room with the help of the brunette, who was holding her by her waistline.

"Goodnight Dani, you're in good hands."

"Behave yourselves in there girls."

Danielle followed Kaylee inside her dark room, and finally stumbled and fell over on her bed in a not so graceful way. The weight of her brought Kaylee down on the bed with her, who simply laughed it off awkwardly.

"I believe we made it in one piece."

"Can I get you some water or something?"

"No, stay with me."

"Okay- um, let's get shoes off and everything before you fall asleep princess."

Kaylee removed her own shoes first and then did Danielle's, placing them under the bed neatly. The door was slightly cracked open allowing some light in, enough to spot the auburn's thankful smile when she returned back to bed.

"Were you not bothered by Mat's comments tonight?"

"I already forgot what the man said. And fuck it, whatever it was anyway."

"Well, it didn't sit well with me. He suggested you both crash at your room."

"The only person I'm crashing with is you, you should tell him as much."

Kaylee couldn't keep herself from smiling like a child, and reached a hand around the auburn's body bringing her in an intimate hug.

"Sounds right to me."

"I'm always right, and hey Kaylee?"

"Yes?"

"I don't mind if you crash here for the rest of the night. It helps when you're around. I sleep better."

"I was meant to go back actually, they are waiting for me..but staying here sounds nice.."

"You don't wanna go back, you wanna stay in my arms.." Danielle whispered, nearly half asleep.

Kaylee let out a quiet giggle and started rubbing Danielle's back, in a soothing way. She knew the girl wasn't in her right state of mind, and the things coming out of her mouth made little to no sense however she enjoyed the fact she ended up curled up in bed with her once again as she had hoped that's how her night would end.