14. Expectations are too high.

The next day both actresses woke up completely content after their little hang out, it didn't take much than a few cuddles under the sunset and deep talks to connect and release all that stress that's bottled up inside. Danielle needed this more than anyone, as she felt Kaylee was the only person in her life right now that completely got her and Kaylee, well the girl typically fell for the other actress after basically getting used to her little everyday habits, and her personality. The thing is she couldn't let her feelings get in the way of their friendship , she had to be there for her friend for those times that she needed her without crossing any lines. How tricky would that turn out to be?

For the rest of the week Danielle returned back to her routine of working and studying at nights, spending even the last second of her day focused on her goals that she completely dismissed her mental health. On top of that, she could notice how Aria kept wanting to hang out with her, and usually he ended up on "read" as the girl had barely any time for her basic needs. One day on set after they had finished filming a Malivore scene (the one where they fall into the pit) Aria decided to do a bold move and approached Danielle from the back, while sliding an arm around her waist.

"Got a minute to talk?"

The girl jolted unexpectedly, she didn't like being touched so randomly and especially from a co worker who she wasn't exactly that close with.

"I was heading back to my flat, I've got studying.."

"Can studying wait for once? What has a man got to do to spend some time with you?"

"Well, for starters not pressure me."

Danielle turned the other way and started walking, she was slightly annoyed but didn't want to cause a scene especially because it was Aria and she had to see him everyday.

"Okay, okay look I apologize. I came out too strong, I guess. I'm just not exactly the best at communicating my feelings."

"Which are what exactly?"

Aria looked around, there were a lot of cast members and staff at present who could easily hear all he had to say so he took Danielle by her hand leading her outside of the building. Danielle was not exactly in favour of being dragged against her will but she did think a little bit of privacy would be best right now.

"I've been trying to reach you for the longest time. And I get that you are certainly more busy than any of us but it can't be only me who feels this connection between us."

"There's no connection Aria.. everything I do, it's just my job. I have to pretend I'm in love with you but that's because of my character."

"I swear every time you smile at me it was like it meant something.."

"I really don't know what you're expecting out of this."

"We won't be the first on screen couple to be dating in real life. It can also help the show?"

"What the hell, Aria? How can I make it more clear to you to understand I'm in no way romantically involved in this?"

After a heated argument that got way out of line Danielle was too upset to go home or even study so she remained on set, locking herself in her trailer where hopefully she would be left alone. The word got around and a few cast members heard about her and Aria fighting, but the reason was still unknown. Danielle knew damn well that rumours would start going around and there was nothing she could do to stop it

She started rehearsing some of tomorrow's lines before she heard a knock on the door. It turned out to be Julie, so she couldn't turn her down even if she wanted to.

"Come in..."

"Hey kiddo, mind if I check in with ya?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I was practicing my lines for tomorrow."

Julie walked in and sat down on the small couch area across from the actress, she tried to study her face but Danielle was putting up her guards pretending everything was fine.

"Good. It's nice to see you're so committed to this, it always comes down to making the right choice."

"Was I the right choice?"

"Yes, you were. You and others, of course. Because this is a group effort. So that means if there any issues we need to handle them delicately and privately to avoid the drama."

"Oh no, am I being lectured right now? This wasn't even my fault to begin with.."