21. How could you forget?

In the morning, Kaylee woke up first and the first thing she wanted to do is check if Danielle was sleeping securely on her top bed, instead of the floor. She smiled upon seeing the auburn sleep so peacefully and thought she was the most beautiful thing in the whole entire world.

She shortly joined Julie on the deck who was preparing breakfast for them, feeling grateful with the selection of fresh fruits and toast on the table. Danielle joined them after a long while, having had the best sleep in a while and finally managing to sleep in instead of getting up as early as dawn.

"There's the sleeping beauty. So how was it?"

"Man I haven't slept so good in a really long time. The rocking of the boat sends you straight to deep sleep and the sound of the waves.."

"Good thing you didn't end up on the floor again." Kaylee smiled playfully and the auburn raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah I'd bet you'll laugh your asses off if that happend again."

"How about some breakfast to lighten your very attractive grumpiness Miss Russell?" Julie intervened.

"You're spoiling us too much!"

"That's what I'm here for."

"Plus you need such breakfast after your quite obvious hang over."

"It's about time you stop with the teasing, both of you."

Danielle settled next to her boss and starting picking the grapes in a pretentious angry manner , not really making a lot of eye contact with Kaylee which the brunette noticed straight away. After the breakfast the older woman went over to the wheel so they could start sailing back, leaving the two girls by themselves to clean the table.

Kaylee was double, or triple guessing what Danielle remembered of last night and was too hesitant to ask but truly she was dying to know how the other girl felt after their, eventful kiss. Danielle picked up the empty plates quietly and headed in the small kitchen area to wash them but Kaylee grabbed on of her arms gently stopping her.

"Let me do it, you barely ate anything this morning."

"No it's fine, I'll do it."

"I insist."

"Kaylee, I said I got it."

The brunette backed down, she didn't want to get on the girl's nerves and Danielle wasn't exactly being friendly at least not as much as she was last night. The brunette stood there next to her, watching her every move and trying to study her face. Danielle felt the intimidating starring all over and decided to ignore it for now but the other girl was about to start asking questions.

"So, back to the hangover. How are you feeling? Do you need an aspirin or something like that?"

"I'm fine, Kaylee. I think the sea helps, it's very peaceful."

"A thank you would be nice you know..."

Kaylee turned her back and was ready to walk off the kitchen before Danielle closed the tap and called out her name, desperately asking her to stay back.

"Sorry, love- I'm just..not an early bird. It takes me a while after getting up. And I literally appreciate it how you want to help even if I don't say it."

"Weird you are practically always the first one on set and you look fine, most of the time. Anyway, don't stress over it. It's not like you owe me some major explanation."

"Wait, an explanation about what exactly?"

"About.." Kaylee paused. The possibility that Danielle didn't remember anything was very likely and she didn't want to make things awkward between them if the girl was just acting on alcohol and nothing else yesterday.

"Nothing actually. Let's just drop the matter right here - I'll go get some air."

"Are you sure that's the best idea?"

"Yeah, trust me. It would complicate things." Kaylee sighed.

"Alright then, let me finish these up." Danielle tried to avoid the long eye contact and got back to doing the dishes.

Kaylee walked out of the kitchen area feeling defeated. How could she ever believe she had a shot with Danielle? How would she move on from this as if it never happend? And most importantly, how would she keep herself from yearning to taste those lips again?