6. Friends don't kiss friends

"Quincy showed me back when we were at the restaurant."

"Oh.." Kaylee tried to look somewhere else not letting the smile drop from her face to show that she had actually wished Danielle looked up her profile herself. "What about the book?"

"Oh, right! Let me just..." Danielle made her way across the room and started looking through Kaylee's luggage, most of her stuff was still packed away and the brunette did indeed carry a smaller suitcase full of books. "You're unbelievable, Kaylee Bryant."

"I told ya I have a library, I would like to set all my books up in a pretty little bookcase somewhere in the room and decorate with plants and cute stuff."

"Sounds lush. Count me in when you're decorating."

The brunette gave off a nod with a little smile as Danielle made her way to the door, holding more than one book in her hand.

"Thanks for this, I promise I'm bringing them back."

"Take your time with it."

"Okay, good night Kaylee. Sweet dreams."

"Good night, Dani."

Not not hours had gone by when Kaylee was startled by another knock on her door, and this time she knew exactly who it was. There was no possible way Danielle finished both books in such a short time. So what was the reason behind her second visit you'd ask?

"Come in.."

"Hey sorry I just-.." Danielle paused, a bit of embarrassment in her voice. "I'd hate to become a nuisance.."

"No-no.. literally come in. I was just watching some YouTube videos."

"Okay, thanks." Danielle casually walked towards the bed and joined Kaylee who was under the covers. The brunette offered the other some space underneath the covers next to her and Danielle accepted. She didn't have to voice it for Kaylee to realize her friend didn't want to be alone that night and she was looking around for a comfortable spot next to her.

"What kind of videos are you watching?"

"Just some theories around the Mandela effect, it's quite intriguing actually if you've never heard it before be prepared to be amazed."

"I know what that is, but I haven't been keeping up really. Let me watch."

Both girls scooted extremely close to each other under the bed sheets, considering some facts that were shown in the video were quite creepy. After a few hours spent on YouTube our favourite duo felt exhausted, that's when Kaylee decided to place her laptop on her bedside cabinet leaving YouTube on with some relaxing songs.

They remained in bed but this time they were laying down completely facing each other, and on the background there was a song playing called "Stuck with you" by Ariana Grande. Kaylee was quietly humming to the music while watching her friend rest her eyes and the sight in front of her was absolutely making her heart flutter in unexplained ways. She didn't know why she found Danielle so beautiful, in her purest form, the one of her sleep.

"Mind if I stay a bit longer..." Danielle questioned in a low sleepy voice.

"No, stay as long as you like."

The brunette studied Danielle's features as if she was a work of art, but of most all her eyes seemed to linger on nothing but her rosy lips, and you wouldn't be surprised with what she ended up doing at this very specific moment. Kaylee leaned in, painfully slow, until her own lips were hovering over Danielle's however the other girl was not aware that the brunette was about to kiss her.

Kaylee took the longest minute to think about her action, and all the complications it may or may not cause. Was it too early? Would Danielle be completely and utterly creeped out by this? Friends don't kiss friends, after all. However,would Kaylee regret it if she didn't take this opportunity?

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a sudden knock on the door followed by a complaint.

"Kay-- can you turn the volume down a bit? I'm trying to sleep for god's sake."