19. Did you pick up on the signs?

"Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?"

"I say go for it. If it doesn't work out you just keep being the supportive friend you are, exactly what she needs right now."

"I guess I might..but I definitely need to drink more of that champagne right now. This is too nerve wracking."

Kaylee climbed back down at the lounge area and downed another glass of champagne in front of the older woman, which at that moment felt more like a friend than anything.

"Why don't you go and check up on her? I'll get set up the food, I got sushi in the mini fridge I hope y'all like it."

"Are you kidding? We are both dying for sushi. I'll go find Danielle and tell her we are ready to eat."

Kaylee managed to climb down the small stairs and entered a really narrow hallway that led to different kinds of rooms, she looked around for the other girl who just exited the bathroom area wearing only a towel around her wet body.

"Oh there you are."

"Oh, hi Kaylee.." Danielle said with a surprisingly high tone while keeping her towel secured in place.

"Just wanted to tell you we are about to eat, and guess what's on the menu tonight." Kaylee tried not to let her eyes linger in places that shouldn't.

"I don't know, fish? That's the most likely one."

"Well, close enough. Julie brought sushi for us."

"Oh yay!! Our favourite! Just give me five and I'll join you. And hey don't start without me."

"Alright, get your sexy ass dressed quickly."

The girls shared a fond smile before Kaylee went back on the deck to give Danielle some privacy to get dressed.

After a few minutes she joined them and they all enjoyed sushi while drinking some wine and listening to the sound of the peaceful sea. They spent most of the night talking about their lives, coming up with the most random jokes and creating a beautiful memory that would surely last them a lifetime.

"Hey, here take my hoodie I can see you're basically shivering."

Kaylee turned to Danielle and offered her favourite red hoodie.

"What about you?"

"I'm fine, I'm all dried now you're the one who came straight out of the shower."

"That's true. Thanks, babe."

Kaylee smiled somewhat shyly at the nickname while watching Danielle try on her hoodie, which was slightly bigger on her body.

At the second bottle of wine the girls had both reached their drinking limit and Julie thought it was best to send them to sleep before they ended up throwing all over the place and the fact they were on a moving boat wasn't helping at all. The girls helped each other navigate downstairs through the narrow steps and looked for the shared bedroom, since Julie would be sleeping in the master suite.

"Bunk beds? Ugh, seriously?"

"What did you expect? I call dibs on the lower one."

Kaylee said and immediately threw herself on the bed, feeling dizzy from all the alcohol. Danielle stood there, her head was spinning and climbing up on the top bed sounded like a challenge she didn't went to face right now. She decided to join Kaylee on the lower bunk bed, knowing exactly that the girl would start complaining about the narrow space.

"Danielle! This bed is too small for the both of us."

"Okay if you think I'm able to climb on the top one in the state I'm in-"

"You're an idiot, you shouldn't have consumed this much alcohol..again."

"Let me remind you that you're not my mother- plus you're the idiot, not me."

"If that's your way of sweet talking your way into my bed let me tell you it's not working for you right now. And why exactly am I the idiot, huh?"

"Because I thought it'd be easier for you to pick up on the signs.."