17. The getaway cruise (part 1)

The next morning Danielle wondered how she ended up in her room, last thing she remembers is watching a movie with her friends and feeling extremely relaxed and light headed to the point where she probably fell asleep. She trusts that Kaylee showed her to her room and that's how she ended up here. Following yesterday's conversations and remembering Julie's proposal she thought she would make the most of her time with Kaylee in fears she would lose her to a potential romantic interest, and studying aside her best friend was more important.

Therefore she wrote a little note that she slid under Kaylee's door this morning before leaving for work. Kaylee was getting dressed when she heard the ruffling sound under her door and a note appearing on the floor. She picked it up and read it:

"Julie invited me to sail on her yacht this weekend and I couldn't think anyone I'd like to spend this time with except you. Let me know if you're free to come. Also, thanks for last night and making sure I was tucked in. Love ya. - Danielle. "

Kaylee was in no way expecting this but decided to cancel whatever plans she had for the weekend as she didn't want to pass on the opportunity to spend time with Danielle.

.
.
.
.

On Saturday morning the girls ordered a taxi that took them straight to the marina where they had to look for Julie's boat, not expecting her to actually be able to drive the thing. But the woman stood behind the wheel, surprising both of them.

"There is my favourite duo! Come on, hop in I'm ready when you are."

"Well, isn't this a suprise? Talk about a talented woman."

"I seriously can't wait to leave the city behind for two days. This is the best possible plan you could ever come up with." Danielle said with a smile stretching over to her ears.

"I know, sweetheart. I told you it would help. You know the three of us are gonna have a blast. I've always wanted to get to know you better and I know you two make such a lovely team both on and off the set."

"Do you need anything before I pop this champagne open?" Kaylee asked while grabbing the bottle that was on the small table in the middle of the boat.

"Are we seriously drinking champagne? What's the occasion?"

"The occasion is a stress free weekend, my darling."

"Also friends that last a lifetime, hopefully." Kaylee said obviously smiling at Danielle's direction.

"Can you just unhook this rope so I can get this thing started?"

"I've got it!" Danielle shouted while undoing the ropes.

After a few hours of sailing in the open water and reaching a point that was far enough from the city the three women settled down at the small yet comfortable lounging area and started sipping on the champagne that Kaylee had managed to open quite clumsily, like it happens in movies.

"So how are things at the loft girls? Are you getting along well or is there a lot of nagging about house chores and such?"

"No, actually it's going quite well. It feels like home now whereas in the begining we were all a bit awkward with each other but it worked out well."

"Yeah I mean literally we share everything with each other and most times than not she ends up sleeping in my bed or my lap."

Kaylee said with a smile, and Danielle slapped her arm gently.

"If it's an issue with you I can always go back and sleep in my room."

"You know I have absolutely no problem with that, I was just teasing you."

"Ugh, I just love your dynamic. I wish I had met my best friend at work, it plays out so well when you become actual friends with people you work with." Julie commented with a smile while watching the two.

"Does that mean we are going to get more scenes together?"

"Yeah you definitely need to let Hosie happen at some point. Please Juls, we are both literally into it."

"Ah, stop you know our main ship is Hope and Landon and it doesn't make sense for Hope to switch sides all of a sudden."

"We can do like a crazy build up where Hope breaks up with Landon and Josie is there for her."

"Bitch I don't wanna be your backup." Kaylee said playfully.

"Okay listen! I'll definitely give you more scenes maybe we can do an alternate universe where they are into each other or something. So that way everyone is happy and you're not nagging my ass 24/7."

"Hell yeah, let's go with that." Danielle said while sipping her champagne happily.

"That's news we gotta share. The fans are gonna go mad for this." Kaylee took out her phone but before she was even able to unlock it Danielle snatched it off and unlocked it herself.

"Dani, you know I love ya but if you're tipsy you might want to stay in the background so you don't spill anything important."

"Not on my watch." Julie said playfully.