A Badge and A Burden

Alrighty then! Time to get to the first day of classes for our newly formed Team AVRN. If you are enjoying the story so far, leave a like. It would be appreciated. Enough of that, let's go! Banzai!!
———————————————————————
*1st Person POV*

I woke up the next morning in my bed at our new dorm. There were four beds, a window, a closet, a bathroom, and two study tables in our dorm. Since Rosa was the only girl in our team, we'll allow her to use the bathroom first before us and her bed was at the far right, with Vert's bed next to hers. Nero's was at the far left and my bed was next to his.

I went to use the bathroom to brush my teeth, take a shower, and change into my school uniform. After that, I checked my scroll to see it was 7:30 in the morning. Everyone was still asleep and we had classes starting at 9. I decided to wake them up with a car horn sound using my scroll.

I braced myself and clicked my scroll, and as expected, they all woke up and looked at me angry for disturbing their sleep.

Azure: "Sorry, guys... but we need to wake up. Today's the first day of classes and we need to wake up, get up, and get out there. As the leader of Team AVRN, I am responsible for your well-beings. So, come on! Let's get this day started!"

They all got up from bed and did their business. After that, it was 8 and we all went to get some food in our bellies. We ate breakfast at the cafeteria and made it to Professor Port's class at 8:30.

It was now 8:58, and Ruby and Jaune's teams were not here yet. They need to get here soon. And as I thought that, both teams showed up and apologized to Port for being late. I sat to Ruby's left with Nero, Rosa and Vert following along to this snooze fest of a class.

Port: "Monsters! Demons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!"

Blake and Yang are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, I am leaning my head against my hand, Rosa is fast asleep, Vert has his eyes closed while sitting, and Nero is trying to pay attention to everything.

Port: "Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses... Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!"

Random: "Ayyyy-yep!" Wow, what a weirdo.

Port: "That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy..."

His words fade into the background when Weiss and I notice Ruby is scribbling something on the paper in front of her.

Port: "...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me..."

Ruby chuckles at her creation and shows us a drawing of the teacher with stink lines coming from him and "Professor Poop" written underneath. Ruby blows a quick raspberry. Blake and Yang laugh, but Weiss looks annoyed. I chuckle at her drawing.

Port: "Ah-heh-hem! In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero! The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!"

Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face. I'm honestly quite impressed by that.

Port: "A true Huntsman must be dependable!"