Cordially Invited

We are halfway done with this volume. So much for thinking that this would be seven chapters. Oh well, that means that these next chapters are going to be good. Now then, time to attend a party.
————————————
*1st Person POV*

Ren, Nora, Ruby, Qrow, Winter, Clover, and I are present in Ironwood's office. Ironwood was at his desk, reviewing footage of the riots going on, people wanting Penny deactivated, and Robyn and her group stealing a truck and becoming invisible.

Ironwood: "This is the worst case scenario." He angrily slams his fist on his desk. "More people are dead, Penny's been framed, and somehow, Jacques Schnee is sitting on the council."

Clover: "That's the second shipment for Amity that was hit today. It seems election night was the last push Robyn needed to go from hometown hero to full-on vigilante."

Winter: "I'm afraid the problem is more complicated than that."

Ironwood sighs and began pacing behind his desk.

Ironwood: "It seems Robyn has emboldened our suppliers in Mantle. They're refusing to sell us provisions until the city is adequately repaired. With Robyn redistributing the goods her team has stolen, the Amity Project is completely stalled."

Ruby: "But we're so close. There has to be some way we can finish the tower."

Winter: "There is - declaring martial law."

Me, Ruby and Nora's eyes widen, and we look at Ironwood, who stared outside through the window.

Azure: "You're not seriously considering it, are you?"

Ironwood: "What's more important? Establishing communications, unite the world? Or appeasing a few city blocks?"

Nora: "Don't make it sound trivial when you know it isn't. You keep talking about how we just need a little more time, but you're not the one having to struggle."

Ironwood turned around to face her.

Ironwood: "We have all had to make sacrifices for the greater good. Mantle has had to bear a lot of the burden, yes, but--"

Nora interrupts him and approaches his desk, becoming even more upset.

Nora: "They're bearing all of it! The longer this waiting game goes on, the harder each day gets for people down there and now you wanna send in more soldiers? You can't just force people to fall in line. If you do that, you'll just be trading all of these problems for the Grimm!"

Ironwood steps forward and stared at her, eyes narrowed, while she stared back, panting. He lowers himself into his chair and rests his face in his hands. Ruby and I walked forward to stand next to Nora.

Ruby: "Please, General Ironwood. Squeezing Mantle this way... That kind of division plays right into Salem's hands." She rests a hand on Nora's shoulder.

Azure: "That's the reason why Tyrian is here framing you."

Clover: "Right, the reason we called you here in the first place. You're sure this was the man you saw?" He stepped toward Ruby and I, brought out his Scroll, and pressed a button to project a screen that displays a file about Tyrian. The file contains a photograph of Tyrian's face, as well as an image of Tyrian from undercover footage.

Azure: "That's him for sure."

Winter: "Tyrian Callows was accused of murders all across Anima. A homicidal maniac who escaped justice when his prison transport was attacked by Grimm. After that, he was never seen again."

Ruby: "Well, he works for Salem and he's here."

Qrow: "If we ever had any doubts Atlas was Salem's next target, I think those are officially out the window."