Calm Before the Storm

Hello, this is the next chapter for this volume. We're getting close to the end of this volume, so this chapter will be quite short. Our group of friends are hanging out, but they will need to be ready soon enough. Alright then, let's get it!
——————————————
*1st Person POV*

It is early morning here in Mistral. Ruby and I are lying on the ground on the patio outside of the training room. We watched as a group of four birds fly together, before one of them flies away from the group. I then saw Yang peek her head over Ruby's head as she notices her.

Yang: "You two are up early."

Ruby: (smiles) "Hey sis."

Azure: "Hey Yang."

Yang lets her hair down and uses it to tickle Ruby's nose. She giggles affectionately at her older sister's action. Ruby then sits up as Yang sits down to her left, with myself already sitting on her right.

Ruby: (sighs) "What are you doing up?"

Yang: "Can't fall back to sleep."

Ruby: "Ah, me neither."

Azure: "I just... (yawns) woke up early." Ruby giggled at my yawning, making me blush slightly in embarrassment.

Weiss: "Well, fortunately, coffee exists."

Vert: "It'll help you wake up nicely."

Weiss and Vert, followed by Rosa, carry two trays with three cups of coffee each and walk over to join their teammates. Weiss lowers her tray down so Yang can grab a cup. Vert hands me a cup of coffee with milk (café con leche) as he and Rosa grab their cups and set the tray down after sitting down to my right. Weiss then holds out a cup for Ruby.

Ruby: "No, please!"

Weiss: "Don't worry, I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you."

Ruby: "Oh yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!"

Suddenly, Weiss pulls the cup away just as Ruby was about to grab it.

Weiss: "I will pour this on you and it will burn."

Azure: "Please don't joke around like that, Weiss." I said before savoring the flavor of my coffee. It reminds me of when I would drink this during the winter while Uncle Kaz and I were at my grandma's house. Man, I miss being with her already. I hope I can see Grandma again soon.

Breaking myself out of my thoughts, Weiss handed the cup to Ruby, who nervously giggles. Weiss sits down next to her teammates and grabs her cup of coffee after placing the tray down next to her.

Yang: "Can't believe we're actually in Mistral."

Ruby: "That's what you can't believe?"

Yang: "Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you guys know what I mean!"

Rosa: "I know exactly what you mean!"

Weiss: "I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you guys again."

Yang: "Well, here's to defying expectations."

Azure: "Cheers!"

Yang and Weiss clink cups together, and my team and I clink cups together. Ruby gulps her cup down in one go, opening one eye to glance at the others' cups.

Ruby: "I just wish Blake could be here with us."

Azure: "I can also say the same for Nero."

Yang: "Yeah, well, she made her choice."