A Night Off

Well, here is the next chapter. Time for a training montage that takes place over a long period of time and then for some other things that'll happen later.
————————————
*3rd Person POV*

The sun rises over Atlas Academy while Team AVRN snores in their beds.

Penny: "Salutations!"

The whole team are startled awake by Penny shouting her greeting in the middle of their dorm room.

Penny: "Good morning, Team AVRN!"

Vert: "Ugh. What time is it?"

Penny: "Time to be Huntsmen, of course!" She strikes a pose, holding up two fingers by her head and winking. Vert and Nero groan, while Azure and especially Rosa excitedly get to their feet.

Rosa: "YEAH!!!"

Azure: "Time to start the day with a bang!"

Jaune walks into a briefing room with a coffee mug and heads over to where Team RWBY, Team AVRN, the Ace Operatives and his teammates are sitting. He takes a seat and cheerfully prepares to sip his steaming hot coffee, only to notice Marrow staring and wagging his tail. Jaune frowns and hands the mug to Marrow.

Jaune: (sighs) "Sure, take it."

Marrow drinks the coffee, while Jaune hangs his head.

Clover: "Eyes up, Huntsmen. Time to get used to the new normal in Atlas."

Sometime later, Ruby, Azure and Qrow are riding in a truck that is being driven by an Atlesian Knight-200. Qrow has fallen asleep, so Ruby looks annoyed and elbows him awake. Azure lightly chucked at this.

Clover: "Your top priority is Amity Tower. That means protecting supply runs from Grimm and bandits. And protecting the site itself."

Nero and Vert are guarding a supply truck from a group of Grimm on their way to the Amity Tower site. Nero stabs his sword as ice forms and encases a group of Ursa. Soon, the ice shatters and the Grimm are killed. Vert uses his Semblance to lift the Manticores off the ground. He then jumps up into the air and flies over, slashing and severing the Grimm in two as they disintegrate. Nero freezes the group of Sabyrs at the back as Vert then makes them levitate and brings them over to Nero, who stabs and kills them with ease. With the Grimm gone, they hop back on the truck as it continues moving.

Ruby and Weiss drop down from the sky toward a Manticore outside the Schnee Dust Company Mine #2. Weiss severs its tail, and Ruby cuts it in half. Weiss then levitates a group of Beowolves into the air to allow Ruby to more easily kill them, then turns her attention to a group of Sabyrs. Weiss forms a replica of her Arma Gigas' sword out of ice and uses a glyph to swing it, instantly slaying the Sabyrs. With the Grimm in the area killed, Ruby gives a thumbs up to three Mantas as they fly overhead.

Clover: "Diverting all construction resources to Amity Tower means there are going to be gaps in Mantle's defenses against Grimm. They'll need help on the perimeter."

Nora follows Ren along the top of Mantle's outer wall, playing with his braid. Ren hears growling below and stops to look, causing Nora to bump into him. The two of them look down at the Sabyrs approaching the wall and draw their weapons.

Inside of the abandoned Dust mine, Yang, Blake and Marrow fight Beowolves. After they kill a few of the Grimm, Marrow turns to Blake and Yang.

Marrow: "Hey, have you two ever thought about branching out a little? You always pair up, but I don't know if your styles really--"

Yang's eyes turn red upon spotting another Beowolf that comes running toward her. She uses the recoil from her weapons to launch herself at it and punches it in the head. She then rapidly attaches several explosives to its abdomen and slides between its legs to get behind it. Blake tosses her sickle to Yang, who stabs it into the Beowolf's chest and fires Ember Celica to launch the Beowolf into the air. Blake tugs on her ribbon to throw the Beowolf toward two more Beowolves closer to the mine entrance, at which point Yang's explosives go off, killing all three. Marrow watches the whole event and turns back to Blake and Yang, who give him disapproving looks.