Strange New World

Well, here it is. The start of Volume 9. Things are going to get more serious for our main protagonist as he and the others awake in this new world. With that, let's get to it.
———————————
*1st Person POV*

As I fell down into the abyss, I started to reflect on what went wrong.

'Why? Why did this happen?'

A flashback of me and Nero fighting against Quintessa appeared as I remember how I got knocked out for a bit, until I regained consciousness to see Nero getting injured.

'Why did I have to suffer?'

The flashback continues with me fighting Quintessa using Nero's sword as I stab her in the heart. We were able to bury the hatchet and become friends before she passed away. I went to Nero and tended to him as he told me his final words.

'I lost Tessa, Nero... and Ruby as well.'

A scream could be heard as I turned around to see Ruby and Blake falling and disappearing into the void below. I then turned back to see Cinder kill Nero with a spear, taunting me with how she killed Pyrrha and Ruby just now, before I too fell by her hand.

'I wasn't strong enough... and it cost me the people I cared about the most.'

Azure: "...I'm sorry..."

Those were the last words I muttered out before I disappeared... Or I believed to have.

-

--

---

???: (faintly) "Azure... Azure... Azure!"

I opened my eyes, and I could see sand and calm waves that were in front of me. I picked myself up and stood up, surveying the area. Large conch shells and six-armed starfish intermittently dot a sand-colored beach that seemed to stretch for miles in either direction. I look up at the sky to see two very intact moons seemingly orbiting each other as they slowly orbit... wherever I was. I then take note of my wet cloak and wring out the water from it, making it dry.

Directly in front of me was a tropical albeit equally strange forest. Above and beyond the forest laid a tree in the center, which was enormous and towering over the distance. It stood so tall that only the bottom section of its canopy was as visible as the rest.

After taking note of my surroundings, a thought came to me. 'If I'm not dead, and I ended up here, does that mean that the others are alive as well?' There was one way to find out.

Azure: "Hello?... Anyone out there?... Ruby? My Strawberry? Can you hear me?" I shouted towards the forest.

All that I could hear were the sounds of waves hitting the beach and the weird birds over in the forest. I sighed as I set off towards the forest, hoping to find the others.

Azure: (whisper) "Please be okay, you guys..."

*3rd Person POV*

As Ruby continues to progress through the forest, she squeezes through a group of trees into a clearing. An oddly-colored bird screams as she enters the clearing. Ruby sees the giant tree again in the distance, before proceeding forward and squeezing through another group of trees. In an odd sense of deja vu, Ruby squeezes into the same clearing again, confusing Ruby. The bird from before screams again and starts to babble nonsense. Ruby looks up to the giant tree again, realizing she is not getting any closer. Ruby proceeds forward again, passing by a mouse sleeping on a large seashell. She squeezes through the same trees again, and the bird flies away this time. Ruby grunts in frustration as she walks forward again.