The Greatest Kingdom

Here we are! We are now starting Volume 7 with the 'Atlas Arc'. We've survived Beacon and Haven, and our next stop is Atlas. How will things end in another kingdom? We'll just have to see...
———————————
*1st Person POV*

Manta airships patrolled the skies around the city of Atlas, keeping in communication with each other over radio. As Grandma pilots the stolen Manta we took towards the city, it receives radio contact.

Atlas Air Traffic Female: "Manta 5-1. Welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over."

All of us aboard Manta 5-1 looked around at the large military air fleet surrounding the kingdom's capital.

Ruby: "I don't understand. What's happening here?"

Qrow: "I don't know."

Jaune: "But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so I guess we land and get some answers."

Weiss: "I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father."

Blake gained a saddened look, while Ruby and Yang looked at each other, uncertain of what to do.

Blake: "So..."

Weiss, having gotten an idea, suddenly looks up.

Weiss: "Winter!" She brings out her Scroll. "Put some distance between us and the fleet." She said to Maria.

Maria: "You don't have to tell me twice."

As Weiss walks to the back of the ship, Maria steered the ship toward Mantle. We look outside the windows of the Manta to see people walking the streets of Mantle. We fly past a giant screen on the side of a skyscraper. Ironwood's voice came from the screen, catching Ruby, Yang, and my attention.

Ironwood: "...cannot express our appreciation enough. Many describe these as uncertain times, and while that may be the case for the rest of the world, I can tell you what is certain. The Kingdom of Atlas will remain strong, and it will remain safe. That is my promise."

Ruby, Yang, and I look saddened.

Yang: "General Ironwood. He looks..."

Ruby: "Tired."

Qrow: "James, what have you been doing?"

Azure: "He's had a lot of work in his hands..."

Weiss sadly stares out of Manta 5-1's window with her Scroll in her palm. Her Scroll is set to call Winter, who does not answer.

Weiss: "This isn't right. None of this is right."

Once again, the radio turned on.

Atlas Air Traffic Female: "Manta 5-1, we've noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your way to docking bay Omega 12 immediately. Do you copy? Over."

Maria: "We're kind of running out of time here, kids."

Yang: "We need to ditch the ship."

Qrow: "Agreed. Get lost in Mantle and buy ourselves some time."

Weiss: "I'm telling you, my sister can take us to Ironwood."

Blake, who has been staring out of a window, looks over her shoulder and speaks up.

Blake: "Uh, Weiss?" Vert saw what Blake was seeing.

Vert: "You might need to see this."

Weiss walks over to Blake's side and looks out the window with her as a familiar voice plays from a giant screen.