AVRN Chibi - Vert

Hey there. This is the second part of this series. As you can probably guess, this chapter will be putting its focus on the second member of Team AVRN, Vert.

So yeah, let's get to the chapter now.

Chapter dropped later than expected. Got distracted by life. Why am I like this? ...Anyways, moving on from that. Here is the chapter.
_____________________

*3rd Person POV*

Brothers in Green

Our green sniper Vert was walking down a hallway when he saw Ren up ahead. He went over and greeted him.

Vert: "Hey."

Ren: "Oh, hey."

Vert: "You waiting on someone? Let me guess, Nora?"

Ren simply nodded.

Vert: "Heh, I feel you."

The next moment was silent. The two didn't really talk a lot.

Vert: "Hey, I've been thinking about this for a while... Don't you think we're quite similar to each other?"

Ren: "What do you mean?"

Vert: "We both share the color green, we have a childhood friend that wears pink and has a strong Semblance, and we come from Mistral."

Ren: "Huh, now that you say that, it is odd that we have a few things in common. I guess we are more alike than we thought."

Vert: "Yeah. Anyway, I'm gonna look for my team. They're probably causing trouble out in Vale. Later."

Ren: "Later."

Vert walks away from Ren. Now alone, Ren wondered about something.

Ren: "I wonder what the others are doing right now..."

Sniper Shootout

A small group of friends and staff gather outside to witness a competition between Vert and Ruby on who is the better sniper. On one side stood Vert, who is calmly looking out somewhere. And close to him stood Ruby, who is staring at the ground due to the people who showed up.

Azure, who just got here, was wondering how this started.

Azure: "So can anyone tell me why this is happening out of nowhere?"

Weiss: "Ruby saw how skilled Vert was with his sniping and went on to challenge him. But afterwards, she told me that she was getting nervous. Well, it's her fault that she didn't think this through. That dolt!"

Azure: "I guess we'll have to see how this goes."

Ozpin, with his coffee mug on his left hand, walked in front of the crowd and began to explain the competition.

Ozpin: "Now then, here are the rules. You must aim and shoot at the three moving targets over in the distance. The closer to the center your bullet hits, the more points you earn. The person with the highest amount is the winner. Are you two ready?"

Vert nodded, and Ruby saluted at the old wizard.

Ozpin: "All right, the match shall now begin. First up, Vert."

Vert spun his polearm around as it transformed into a sniper. He kneeled to the ground and took aim at the first target on the right. He kept his eye focused on where it moved and found an opportunity. With a deep breath and an exhale, he took his shot. It hit very close to the center.

Using the same technique for the next two targets, he aimed, fired, and was content with the results he got. The target on the left was also close to the center, while the middle target he was able to get a bullseye. Vert got back up and turned his sniper back into a polearm as the crowd cheered for his amazing marksmanship.

Having seen his results and starting to feel the pressure to do her best, Ruby was up next. She takes Crescent Rose from behind her waist and has it turn into its scythe form. She plants the blade into the ground and takes aim at the targets.

She pulls the trigger, but a bit of recoil causes it to misalign, making the bullet hit the edge of one target. Mentally slapping herself for making a mistake, partially due to the numerous eyes that were watching her, she fixes her alignment. Now ready to hit her next target, she fires, and she luckily hits a bullseye on the middle target.

Ruby: "Yes!"

When she went to aim at the final target, the bushes next to a boulder rustled and out walked a Beowolf. Everyone present was not expecting a Grimm to show up, but alas, one did. Suddenly, the Beowolf waved at the group. This sudden gesture made Ruby prematurely fire towards the Grimm, but it missed.

Instead, it went towards the boulder. And somehow, the bullet bounced off of the boulder, making it ricochet all over the place. From trees to Jaune and Pyrrha's shields, it shattered a few branches, some windows, and even breaking Ozpin's beloved coffee mug. He became a sad man.

Finally, the bullet hits the Beowolf in the chest. The Grimm clutches its chest with one hand and spins around on one foot before falling down dramatically. It reached out towards the sky as it then stopped moving. He died so young.

Ruby saw this happen and was relieved that the threat was over.

Ruby: "AW YEAH! I did it! I took down the Grimm! Did you guys see that?"

There was silence.

Ruby: "Uh, guys?"

The camera zoomed out to show that everyone left the scene during the chaos, leaving Ruby all alone.

Ruby: "Where did everyone go?!"

Childhood Friends

Vert and Rosa were walking down an alley in Vale, looking at everything around them. This new life in the city was very different from what they grew up living with back home.

Rosa: "So how do you feel about us being all the way here in Vale? Does it make you feel homesick?"

Vert: "I guess a little bit, yeah. I mean, we could have chosen to go to Haven Academy, just like my father did, but I felt like Beacon was the one."

Rosa: "And I'm glad we came here! We get to be partners, we met Azure, Nero, and all the other friends we've made so far, and we're going to become Huntsmen and Huntresses in a few years. What more could we ask for?"

Vert: "I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen in the future."

Rosa: "Yeah. And no matter what, I'll always have my friends and you by my side."

Vert: "And I'll be glad to lend you and the others a helping hand anytime. We're friends, after all."

Rosa tackled Vert onto the ground in a hug, and he chuckled a bit before returning the gesture.

They'll always be there for each other.
____________________________________

And we're done with the second part. Vert had a moment with Ren about their similarities, he took part in a little match of sniping against Ruby, and him and Rosa reveled in the choices they've made now.