The Enemy of Trust (Volume 7 Finale)

This is the finale for Volume 7. We have made it. I don't want to keep you guys waiting, so let's move on to the chapter.
———————————
*1st Person POV*

I was aboard a Manta that was headed towards the city of Atlas. Weiss, Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren and Elm were also on board, and Harriet was piloting.

Weiss: "I don't understand. Why would the general call us back without giving a reason?"

Ren: "Especially with evacuations still going on in Mantle."

Elm: "You don't have to understand orders, kids. You just have to follow them."

Harriet: "Civvy transports won't be stopping anytime soon. If the general says he needs us now, he needs us now."

Jaune: "You all get to the general and find out what's happening. We'll bring Oscar and see you soon."

Sometime after dropping off Team JNR, my team and Team RWBY arrive in Ironwood's office, along with Harriet, Elm, Marrow and Vine. Ironwood was sitting behind his desk with his back turned to us.

Harriet: "General Ironwood."

Ironwood turned his chair to face us. We saw that his left arm was injured.

Ironwood: "We have made a critical error." He placed a black queen chess piece on his desk.

Ironwood: "The Black Queen was the symbol Salem showed us before we lost everything. Her way of telling us she was inside. That it was too late. We stopped Watts. We stopped Callows, but someone was here. They put this in my office to tell me that--"

A look of realization crossed his face.

Ironwood: (panicking) "What if Mantle was just a distraction? What if it was just to draw us away from the academy to, to--"

Weiss: "Sir. I-it's going to be okay."

Rosa: "We've got Mantle on our side now, and--"

Ironwood: "How do we know that wasn't part of their plan?"

He brought his hand down on his desk and stands up. Me, Rosa, Ruby and Weiss look at him with concern, while Nero, Vert, Blake and Yang looked at him tensely.

Ironwood: "How do we know they didn't want us to bring people into Atlas by the thousands?"

Vine: "In trying to save everyone, we left ourselves most vulnerable."

Ironwood: "Salem has been one step ahead of us this entire time!"

He angrily slams his fist down on his desk, denting it. The impact bounced the bag and the chess piece, and the latter fell over and rolled across the desk, making glass sounds. Ruby and I stepped forward, staring at the chess piece.

Ruby: "It's... glass."

Vine, Marrow, Elm and Harriet looked at her, uncertain of what she meant.

Azure: "It's not just any glass. This is black glass. This was Cinder."

After I said that, my team and Ruby's team were shocked.

Yang: "She's alive? And she's here?!"

Vert: "If Cinder's here, then that probably means Hazel's here, too."

Nero: "Let's not forget about Quintessa." Nero then looked at me. "Azure, she could be here as well. You know that, right?"

Azure: "I know." I said in understanding.

Blake walked forward a few steps.

Blake: "Sir, this isn't over yet. We're with you."

She placed her hand to her chest and gave him an encouraging look. He looked at her and straightens up, his voice gaining an ominously serious tone.