A Dead End

Here is the next chapter. Last time, people were becoming afflicted by apathy, but we managed to get out of that place. Now, we're on the trail again. Hopefully, things can go better for our group of teens and two adults.
—————————————
*1st Person POV*

A few minutes flew by as Grandma had finished telling us about how she was the legendary Grimm Reaper and how she lost her eyes in her last fight.

Maria: "But I wasn't... I went into hiding soon after."

Qrow: (astounded) "I can't believe it. You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared..."

Oscar: "How exactly does a legend just disappear?"

Qrow: "You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper."

Maria: "Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way."

Blake: "How can you say that?"

Maria: "Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already."

Upon hearing this, Yang looks down sadly. Grandma then looked at me with a sad expression on her robotic eyes.

Maria: "Azure, I'm sorry I didn't mention any of this back then. I kept quiet about it so that I can keep you safe while we were together. It was also the same thing for your father, since well, he was my son after all." I became surprised along with the others.

Azure: "Wait, Dad was a Calavera all along?!" She nodded. I grew a smile at this. "That's awesome! But how come his last name is (L/N) and not Calavera instead?" I asked curiously.

Maria: "That's because I gave him that last name. So that if I was ever in danger again like I mentioned, at least he would not be involved. But I'll tell you this: you are definitely a Calavera, even if you are a (L/N) by name."

Azure: "Well, maybe in the future, I could take up the Calavera name. That way I can live up to you and dad's legacies." She smiled at the idea.

Azure: "Speaking of legacies..." She then looked at me curiously. "Could I... become the next Grimm Reaper?" This caught her off-guard. "I mean, I may not be using kamas like you did, I also may not have a lot of experience, but I can still be able to hunt Grimm down using all of my abilities, especially with our eyes!"

Maria: (chuckles) "You don't need to use kamas or scythes to be the Grimm Reaper, and you'll get better with time. I'm sure of it. Hmm... If you're really up for the task, then I give you my approval." I smiled at this. I am officially the new Grimm Reaper. "Maybe if you trained under me instead of your uncle back then, you would've ended up with a scythe instead of a sword."

Azure: "Maybe in another universe, I would've been a scythe wielder." A scythe would be cool to use, and I would match with Ruby and Qrow. Maria then sighed in relief.

Maria: "It's comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape."

Ruby: "Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me and Azure to use our powers the way you did."

Azure: "Oh! That's a great idea!"