Reawakening (Volume 9 Finale)

Here it is. The end of Volume 9, aka the 'Ever After' Arc. This is where things shall be resolved for our two main characters. Anyways, let me guide you all towards the end of our journey in this crazy world.

P.S. This will be a very long chapter, but it'll be worth it in the end. I just couldn't split this into two chapters. It wouldn't work as well. Now then, let's go.
____________________

*1st Person POV*

Eight years ago, when I was beginning my training with Uncle Kaz, I wondered about what my father was like.

*Flashback*

It was a calm night in the outskirts of Vale, and I was sitting on a rock next to Uncle Kaz as we stayed close to the fire to keep ourselves warm.

Young Azure: "Uncle Kaz?" He looked at me. "What kind of a person was my dad? Mom would usually tell me stories about how he was a great Huntsman, a good swordsman, and a hero to those he saved, including Mom. So can you tell me, please?"

Kaz: "Sure, kid. Hmm... It's been a while, but I'll tell you what I know about your father. Let's see... he was a strong person, both in body and in mind. Back when we were training together, he did well against the common Grimm, but when it came to the bigger ones, I had to help him out. While he was physically strong, it didn't compare to his even stronger mentality. During our duels, he would always think of ways to catch me off-guard, and it allowed him to beat me several times. I may be better than him with the sword, but he sure does get the better of me from time to time. He was kind, caring to others, calm most of the time, and he was full of resolve. Add all of that together and you get Miguel (L/N), one of the best Huntsman I know." After he said that, he saw Azure with stars in his eyes.

Young Azure: "Wow! No wonder he's so awesome! My dad's the best there is!" He stands up on top of his rock. "I want to be just like him when I grow up: a strong Huntsman and a hero that saves everyone. I'm going to do my best to reach that goal!" He said while pumping a fist up into the air.

Kaz: (laughs) "Not a bad dream you have, squirt. You're young right now, but after this training, I'm sure that your mother will help you out with using your hidden Semblance after you unlock it. When you get the hang of using it, you'll definitely be on your way to becoming a Huntsman and a hero. But tell me this... Are you really sure that this is what you want to do? The road ahead will not be easy, and you'll be dealing with more than just the Grimm when you officially become a Huntsman."

Young Azure: "Yes! This is exactly what I want to do. Why else did I decide to come with you? It's to train so that I'll be ready for anything that comes my way. No matter what it is, I'll stand up tall and determined to be the person I want to be!"

Kaz: "...All right. If that's how you really feel, then I'll continue to train you so that when the day comes when the people of Remnant need a hero, you'll be there to save the day. The name 'Azure (L/N)' will be in the hearts and minds of everyone. And with that, I think it's time for sleep. Tomorrow, we'll continue our training session. Good night, Azure." He walks over to an adult-sized sleeping bag next to the fire and goes to sleep.

Young Azure: (yawns) "Yeah, okay. Good night, Uncle Kaz." He walked back to his sleeping bag and slept immediately, a smile present on their face as they dreamt about being a hero and a Huntsman in the near future.

*End of Flashback*

I woke up from what felt like a long sleep. I sat up and saw that I was in a weird place that had a dark sky and green orbs floating around. I stood up and looked to see nothing in front of me.

Azure: "What is this place?"

???: "You are in a spiritual plane of sorts."

I heard a woman say those and I turned around to see a short, brown haired woman looking at me. This surprised me.