Pomp and Circumstance

All right! This is where Team AVRN and the other two teams have a new mission in the mines. Time to get to it!
——————————
*Azure's POV*

I woke up early in the morning, took a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed in my outfit, and went to meet up with Ruby. She stepped out from her room and we greeted each other via kiss on the lips.

Azure: "Morning, Rubes. You ready for our mission?"

Ruby: "I sure am. Come on, Azure. Let's not keep them waiting."

The two of us held hands and went to meet up with Jaune, Qrow, and Clover at Ironwood's office.

Clover: "All right, gather 'round. Our mission today is to secure the launch site for the Amity Communications Tower." He stood in front of the central table in Ironwood's office, looking at a hologram screen that displays the mission details.

Clover: "The designated area is an abandoned Dust mine. Since its closure, the Grimm have moved in. The good news is all that untouched Dust is still down there, too. Science team says they'll need it for the first phase of their launch."

Clover: "Atlas military Huntsmen are already hard at work clearing out the surrounding tundra. But recon has identified a powerful Geist that's managed to evade destruction and take several lives. After we increased our numbers, the Geist was smart enough to retreat into the mine itself, meaning it's old and extremely dangerous."

Clover took out a compact Scroll and pressed a button, causing the photograph of Huntsmen battling the Petra Gigas to take up the entirety of each screen.

Clover: "This is our target."

The hologram screens above the table have now been replaced with a 3D hologram map displaying the SDC mine.

Clover: "The mine was a labyrinth back in the day. There's all sorts of tunnels and chambers the Geist can move between, so if we're gonna kill this thing, we'll have to split up and corner it."

Clover: "General Ironwood says you've seen your fair share of combat. I trust that man with my life, so tomorrow, I'll be trusting you all, too."

Clover: "Let's make it happen, people."

*Timeskip*

After the meeting, my team, Team RWBY, and Team JNR all follow Pietro as he enters a laboratory.

Pietro: "Apologies for the mess and for holding onto your weapons for so long. The upgrades you requested were, uh... well, they were more than I anticipated." He laughs.

Pietro: "Your new weapons and armor should be as requested, but I also took the liberty of reviewing your combat footage from the Vytal Festival Tournament. There's some additional enhancements I'd like to suggest. Oh, but for now, these should serve you well enough."

The eleven of us stood in front of a series of narrow shelves, each of which have cases on them. Nora shifts eagerly on her feet, letting out an excited giggle as she snatched up her case. The rest of us calmly picked up our cases.

Ruby opened her case and smiles. Nora opened her case and looks amazed, pupils dilating and eyes shimmering from her excitement. Jaune opened his case, and his eyes widen. I opened up my case and smile at my new outfit.

I look over to see Rosa jumping up and down in place in sheer excitement. Vert smiled as he looked at his case. Nero nodded his head in approval over the contents within his case.

Yang puts on her upgraded and repaired prosthetic arm and makes a fist, grinning confidently. Blake runs her hand through her hair. I touched my hair and felt like I need to cut it a bit.