End of the Beginning (Volume 3 Finale)

Here it is. The finale for this current volume. There will be some things that will be revealed by reading past this section. Okay then, hope you enjoy the chapter!
————————————
*3rd Person POV*

Outside the Beacon grounds, Velvet groans as she struggles to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco bumps into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin. Neon and Reese dodge and weave between groups of students as they fight against Grimm plus the infected Atlesian Knights and Paladins. The rest of Team ASCH surrounds a Griffon attacking it with bullets and fireballs, as Bolin knocks a Knight aside. Reese spins her board and slices through another as she passes by it. Vert creates some wind as Rosa lights it on fire and they launch it at a wave of Grimm to their left, disintegrating them easily. To their right, Nero is slicing Atlesian Knights in two as they approach him.

Nearby, Sun and Neptune try to hold back a Paladin, while Nora and Ren decimate another group of Knights. Yatsuhashi is seen fighting another Griffon while Fox dashes over from a pile of robot parts. Two Creeps rush at Flynt who uses his trumpet to send the first one flying. Neon and Reese use their weapons to freeze a second Paladin's legs in place. Weiss then arrives on the battlefield, and charges in but gets swatted aside by its arm.

Neptune: "Weiss!"

Yatsuhashi tries to hold back a Paladin's fist with his sword, but he gets overpowered and knocked back. The Paladin then turns to and starts approaching a distracted Ren.

Nora: "Look out!" She pushes Ren out of the way of the Paladin's incoming strike, taking the hit instead.

Ren: "Nora! No!" He reaches out to her, but gets knocked back by the Paladin too.

Coco and Neptune fire their weapons at the Paladin, but it is unfazed.

Neptune: "Uh, this is bad."

Coco: "Well, I guess now's a better time than any. Velvet!"

Velvet: (excited) "Really?"

Coco: "Just make them count." Velvet nods and walks up to the Paladins.

Weiss: "What are you doing!? She's going to get hurt!"

Coco: "Just watch."

Velvet holds her hand out as Anesidora, her weapon, glows, forming a scythe. Grabbing the copy of Crescent Rose, Velvet leaps into the air, dodging cannon fire. As she imitates Ruby's overhead spin, she descends, slashing at the Paladin. She then replicates Myrtenaster, Weiss' rapier, to deflect the Paladin's punch and land a few blows before pushing it back with an Ember Celica imitation of Yang's gauntlets. Once after she lands a few shots, she slides under the Paladin's fist, similar to Blake as she uses a Gambol Shroud copy and uses its string to trip over the mech, before moving to the second Paladin by lopping off its hand with a copy of Blue Flash, Azure's sword, and jabbing it in the head with the blade.

Before it can react, it is immediately peppered with holographic bullets, thanks to a copy of Gianduja, Coco's minigun. As it moves forward, Velvet switches to using Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang, Sun's weapon, to counter a blow, as she lands another few hits while landing a downward blow from above with a copy of Magnhild, Nora's hammer, severing a limb.

As the first Paladin attempts to recover, Velvet immediately copies Floating Array, Penny's weapon, as she leaps off the second Paladin and slices apart its legs before blasting it at full power. However, the first Paladin sucker punches Velvet.

Velvet: "Aah!" She is sent skidding from the blow, landing on her back.

Coco: "Velvet!"

At this, Coco unloads her weapon on the Paladin to no avail, Neptune, Nadir, and Reese rush to her side and add their own firepower. But the barrage has little effect and the Paladin continues to loom over Velvet.