Confessions

Well, this is going to be quite the chapter, I tell you. Last time, Ruby and Azure meet the Blacksmith, Jabberwalkers attacked, and the Rusted Knight arrived only to be revealed as someone familiar to the group. With that, time to get started on this chapter.
————————————
*3rd Person POV*

Just after being revealed that he is the Rusted Knight, Jaune retells what happened to him during the time he's been stuck in the Ever After to the group, who couldn't believe what they heard.

Jaune: "I thought I'd never see you again... But I knew if I waited long enough, then you would fall... Just like I did." He then looks at both teams. "It... It's really you, right? When I saw you in the market..."

Jaune hesitantly pauses and looks down. The others look at each other before looking at Jaune.

Ruby: "Jaune. It's us."

Team RWBY and AVR warmly hug Jaune. Little, who appears on top of Jaune's head, also hugs him. Jaune smiles with tears of joy.

Azure: "So how did you find us?"

Vert: "Why didn't we see you sooner?"

Blake: "How are you the Rusted Knight?"

Rosa: "How old are you now?!"

Yang: "And when did you get so..."

Weiss: "Mature?" She said, grinning with her hand on her chin.

Everyone else except Jaune all stare at Weiss; Ruby and Azure raise their brows, Vert and Rosa look at each other with confusion on their faces, and Blake and Yang smile wryly at Weiss.

Weiss: "Uh..." She blushes and collects herself.

Ruby: "What happened in Atlas... after the rest of us fell?"

Jaune: (sighs) "I, uh... Guess we've all got a lot of catching to do..."

Later, Team RWBY, AVR, Jaune and Juniper have already left the Gardens Arce and arrive in a flower field. During the walk, they received the bad news from Jaune.

Ruby: "She's... got two Relics now?"

Yang: "And with Cinder, the ability to get another."

Blake: "She doesn't know where the Beacon Relic is!"

Azure: "Ozpin did say that he made finding the Relic quite difficult."

Weiss: "Well there's that to be thankful for at least."

Jaune sighs while Ruby sits on a small rock. Azure kneels in front of her and places his hands on top of hers, staring at her eyes.

Azure: "It's going to be okay, Ruby." He gives her hands a light squeeze as he stands up again.

Ruby: "But we lost Atlas and the Relic..."

Blake: (assuringly) "But we got everyone out safely. Jaune said so."

Weiss places her hand on Blake's shoulder.

Weiss: "We've risked their home to save the Relic... And we failed."

Vert: "But it was the price we had to pay."

Rosa: "I mean, getting everyone out has to count for something."

Ruby: (angrily) "What good is saving anybody if Salem just destroys the world anyway..."

Yang places her arms on her sister's shoulder and leans in.

Yang: "That's how Ironwood thought... you don't mean that."

Ruby looks down as Azure stays silent.

Jaune: "You done?!" He waves his arm and Juniper prances behind him and stops.