Chapter 3

"Have you ever regretted the choices you've made?"

"No. Never."

---

Having always pursued the way to become a great healer, Edel felt quite lost now that Taylor was all good.

"Do I regret not being able to help Hyung-nim at first?"

"Never."

"Have I always been convinced that nobody would be able to cure Taylor Hyung-nim?"

"I never had the time to think about an uncertain future."

"At the same time, I've never been greedy enough to wish to become the heir."

---

"Edel you are free to be who you want," Taylor said to his little brother the day he had claimed the long-awaited position that every noble child wanted (well Cale is a different case).

"Of course Hyung-nim. I'll be forever grateful for the opportunity."

"But you just need a little push to let go of the past, right?" 

Edel stayed silent throughout the conversation

"Be free. Be wise. And take care of yourself...don't repeat my mistakes...take other people's experience and make them your own."

"Do not forget the meaning behind your name Edel."

Edel. This name bears a nice meaning. Taylor hated the fact that it was Venion's idea.

Edel means noble

And in Taylor's opinion, a grown-up Edel would be the perfect embodiment of nobleness. For now, he had seen that quality in the young master of the Henituse household.

If Cale was his role model shouldn't he try to become one for this innocent little brother of his?

Well, Taylor was not so arrogant to force his way of thinking into that little brain of Edel. But...Edel was still young. 

Taylor was rather reluctant to let a 16-year-old boy wander alone around this vicious world. But take a look at his little dongsaeng! He seems so lost! He couldn't deny any of his requests, considering that the boy never requested anything.

"Will you keep this promise?"

"...yes."