Chapter 6

He would sometimes think of home.

The tragedies, his brothers and his sisters, their insanity...None of these are good memories. People would clamber to high places just so they could witness others demise. 

"Why do you still keep your long hair if it reminds you of someone you used to despise?" A fake drunkard asked

"It reminds me of my own mistakes and why I decided to keep on this path. That's all."

"...and I've never despised him..." Edel though sincerely

In his fuzzy memory, Edel will forever remember his words.

"Edel...you are the prettiest...especially with your long hair. Not like that pest of Taylor."

In memory of this Edel would keep his hair growing...till he finds a new purpose to his life. 

---

"We are trying to go outside the gate."

The knight flinched at Cale's calm demeanor before putting on a twisted smile. Cale handed a gold coin to the knight who quickly put it in his pocket and shouted to the soldier at the gate.

"Open the gate."

The knight looked at the man who seemed to be a wealthy noble and started to smile.

"Please return alive."

It was the best thing to say to the people heading to the Land of Death.

Screeeech-

The sound of the gate opening reached Cale's ear. He looked toward the slowly opening gate as the knight started to speak again.

"I pray that you do not end up with more fodder to dye those red sand."

The same words that Edel had heard before leaving.

"Let them go."

"Ah."

The knight had a twisted smile on his face again. A proper knight would not have opened this gate without proper authorization. However, he and the other knight and the soldiers were all the same.

They did not care much about the rules of the region. Bad rulers were always going to lead to bad subordinates.

"Hehe, I guess you are a good young master. Just like another one who recently left."

"Just getting involved in things for no reason."

"Another one? I  wonder who..."

Cale saw the two peasants weakly walking away before starting to walk toward the gate. He gave one final statement to the knight.

"I will give you another gold coin if I return alive."

"Kekeke, I will look forward to it."

---

"I will now guide you to the Dark Elf City."

The wind was swirling in her hand as the elemental made the sand move even faster.

They were located in the middle of the desert outside of anyone's visible gaze.

A large door appeared on the ground where a dune used to stand. Tasha pulled up on that circular door with all of her strength.

"...Underground."

Rosalyn was in awe.

If night descended on Earth, the Earth just needed to go down farther.

"I will go first. Can the last person please pull the door closed as they come?"

Tasha lightly jumped into the hole.

Cale took a step back after hearing Choi Han speak. The hole was so dark that he could not see anything.

"I won't fall to my death, right?"

- Human, let's go!

"Should be fine since Raon is with me."