Chapter 10

After leaving the City of Life Cale sorta gained another temporary member. Well, that's the case if we exclude Mary.

Days before Cage took the liberty to ask Edel about his plans

"When are you planning to leave here? Or you've decided to settle down?" 

"I'm planning to leave tomorrow...I just need to say goodbye to...someone."

And of course that someone was Shawn, still a bit creeped by Edel.

If he was leaving so soon, why not let him tag along with Cale's party? Cage thought that this was a great opportunity to let this pretty dongsaeng of her make some friends. The excommunicated priestess highly doubted that Edel had any socializing ability, so why not give him some help?

---

"I guess you kept your promise in the end."

Cale got on the carriage they left with the innkeeper at the village and answered Tasha's question.

"I'm just disappointed that it is not the same knight as last time."

"I will give you another gold coin if I return alive."

- In the other carriage -

"Wow...so basically you can replenish other people's mana and use it to heal people as well?"

"Yes...that's the case, Miss Rosalyn."

"Oh- just Rosalyn is fine!"

The young man and the redhead were getting along. Once Rosalyn discovered his exceptional talent to manipulate mana, she started to ask many questions, and the boy just answered her patiently.

Edel never showed anyone his powers. Too scared to confront his older brother and sisters. He worked hard in secret. Unable to do anything but want to do so much at the same time. Unpleasant memories.

The atmosphere in the carriage was pretty chill, even the usually grumpy Beacrox was strangely calm.

Edel's soft voice and aura had a calming effect, and Choi Han was attracted to it. 

So they didn't mind having Edel abroad with them. A plus for his healing abilities, because the highest-grade potions were expensive after all...even if Cale was crazy rich.

---

Edel felt guilty. He doesn't know why, but when casting eye contact with Cale Henituse...a strong sense of guilt washed over him.

Edel recollected himself and headed into the distance.
His steps made no sound.
"When you keep silent, you are free."

"Speech is silver."

"Silence is golden."

The curtains closed, and he left the guilt behind.
Guilt is just another weapon to be controlled, a lie one tells themselves to believe they will one day obtain a correct answer.