Chapter 34

Two Dragons, Cale, Ron, the necromancer Mary, and the Dark Elf Tasha were now at Section 7 of the Jungle.

"We are almost the-"

Something happened before Bin could finish speaking.

They heard something from the bottom of the staircase.

"Ugh- aaaahhh!"

It was the sound of someone screaming. The screaming woman sounded like she was about to die.

All of them stopped walking.

Tap.

Something tapped Cale on the shoulder. Cale flinched after turning his head. He could see that a black sleeve was on his shoulder.

The black sleeve was naturally a part of Mary's black robe.

Mary started to speak.

"She is seizing."

"What?"

"It is dangerous. It is a sign that the dead mana is starting to reach the intermediate stages. It is very painful."

"Aaaaaah! Ugh, aaaaaah!"

The screaming continued.

Mary quickly added on.

"But it's not late. Someone is doing their best to lessen the dark mana expansion."

Cale did not respond to Mary and instead turned to give Bin an order.

"Let's go."

---

"What is going on?"

"Ah, Bin-nim!"

The servant's face brightened up after seeing Bin. Cale and Bin immediately headed for the door. They could see a hallway and a room through the open gap.

"Aaaaaaah!"

The scream was coming from that room.

The servant quickly reported to Bin.

"The guest started to seize starting about half an hour ago. The guard is in the room waiting for any potential emergencies while I couldn't decide who to report to."

The guest that the servant referred to was the swordmaster, Hannah. Cale could hear Tasha's shocked mumbling.

"Her endurance is amazing."

Cale tried to turn to look at Tasha but ended up making eye contact with the black robe.

"Move."

"...Excuse me?"

Someone walked between Bin and the servant.

The servant took a step back in surprise. A man with an oppressive aura about him had walked before him.

That man was Cale.

"Young master-nim."

Bin called out to Cale and tried to walk in front of Cale. However, his body froze for a moment after making eye contact with Cale.

At that moment, Cale pushed the large door with both hands.

Screech- Bang!

The door opened with a loud noise and Cale walked inside. Mary, Tasha, the two Dragons, and Ron naturally followed behind him.

Bin observed this for a moment before giving the servant an order.

"Inform her majesty that an important guest has arrived."

"Ah, yes- yes sir!"

Bin verified that the servant left before urgently rushing behind Cale. Cale had already arrived at the open door inside the hallway.

Cale stood on the luxurious carpet as he stood in front of the door.

The door was wide open.

The room was well-lit, making it easy to see. Ron, who was right behind Cale, saw into the room and started to frown.

"...How terrible."

It was a terrible sight, even for Ron.

"Ugh, aaaahhh!"

They could see Hannah on a bed surrounded by white flowers while twisting in pain.

Honestly speaking, it was difficult to even tell that it was her.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Black veins throughout her body looked ready to burst. Her nose, eyes, ears, and every other orifice on Hannah's face was currently bleeding.

There was also black smoke rising out of her body.

"Ah. Ah-."

She was screaming in a hoarse voice. She seemed to have held back from screaming for a while as her lips were bleeding from where she had bitten down, and her eyes were red.

"Hannah, Hannah! Please, oh, lord!"

The Saint was at the edge of Hannah's bed, crying and unable to even say a prayer. He could not pray as he was worried that praying to the Sun God would harm Hannah, who was infected by the dead mana. Near the two siblings, there was also Edel, doing his duty as a healer.

"Please. Hannah, just a little more strength! Please!"

The Saint pleaded while looking at Hannah. They would have a way to save her if she persevered a bit longer. 

Hannah suddenly started seizing about half an hour ago. The highest-grade potions did not help. But Edel's power was able to delay the worse. If not for him, Hannah would have started to scream about two hours ago.

"Sniff, sniff."

The Saint cried while looking at the red eyes that were looking at him. His eyes were red as well. He felt like he was about to go crazy.

"I want to purify her."

Seeing his younger sister continuing to generate black smoke made his thoughts as her brother and his thoughts as a Saint clash against each other. As a Saint, he wanted to purify his sister with his healing powers to get rid of the dead mana and the affected girl from this world.

However, doing so would kill his sister as well.

That was why he clenched his hands together and desperately pleaded while looking into his sister's eyes.

"Jack-nim, please hold your instinct."

"And...Young Master Cale. You are finally here." greeted Edel still keeping his eyes on the patient and silently helping the poor soul.

Tap.

A hand was placed on the Saint's shoulder. The Saint realized something once he felt the hand on his shoulder.

It was Cale Henituse.

Cale was looking at Hannah as he continued to speak.

"Good job holding on until now. Hold on just a bit longer."

---

A.N.

Me rn