Chapter 31

"Hannah..."

That woman reminded him of someone he once must have known.

However, he always felt that he missed a giant part of his life. So seeing a person he once cared for in a stranger...made him sorrowful.

"Those... those bastards need their blood sucked dry until they die."

That sentence was replaced perfectly in one of his pieces of memory.

Then a stingy pain in the head, heart, liver...every organ in his body burned. It was brief the ache he felt, but very intense.

Cold sweat dripped from his forehead, his petite hands still firm on the next flower he was creating for this familiar yet unfamiliar woman.

Edel tried to remember something but only a blank space filled his neurons.

While he was spacing off a powerful presence was in the cave for a while now.

It was her: Queen of the Jungle, Litana.

Edel paid attention to Cale's fake sorrowful voice

"Why did the people I helped have to be the ones responsible for the Church of the Sun God's terror incident? How could you do this to me?"

"No!"

At that moment, the Saint's voice echoed in the cave.

"Oppa, calm down."

The sword master calmed the Saint down, and Cale made eye contact with the Saint. His gaze seemed to be full of anger like he was upset about something. Cale then looked toward Litana and started to speak.

"I'm sure that there was a reason for it?"

"...Young master Cale."

---

After the intense discussion between the pair of siblings, Miss Lina and young Master Cale the Saint concluded

"...please find a way for us to leave for the Eastern continent."

At that moment, Hannah's voice filled the cave.

"Please just send my brother there."

"Hannah, what are you talking about? What about you?!"

The Saint looked toward his sister with confusion. However, the sword master had a serious look on her face.

"I'm going to die anyways."

And again those few words can make Edel feel like a total mess.

Contrary to their original plan, Hannah was poisoned by dead mana. She would die on their way to the Eastern continent.

"No! Don't say that Hannah! I'll save you!"

The Saint's desperate voice did nothing, as Hannah quietly stood there while looking at the ceiling. Litana looked toward the siblings with a complicated expression on her face.

But then again...Edel could heal her.

At that moment, a calm voice started to speak.

"What, are you going to get revenge?"

It was Cale.

The blonde sword master, who had been looking up at the ceiling, turned her gaze toward Cale.

Cale looked back at the blonde sword master as he continued to speak.

"You look like that is your plan."

The woman responded back.

"And if I am?"

She did not hide her intentions. Her body may be dying, but her eyes were full of anger and betrayal.

"Hannah! Getting revenge on the Empire? You told me not to do it."

"Right, revenge on the empire. You cannot do that."

"You said I couldn't, so why are you!"

Hannah closed her mouth again.

However, Cale understood her intentions because he knew about her identity.

She was not planning to get revenge against the Empire.

She was planning to get revenge on someone else.

Cale recalled what Choi Han had said to him.

"The magic spearman said that he had a lot of work because of the blonde twins. I believe that he was talking about the two of them."

The woman had been betrayed by the secret organization as well.

"Hannah, say something! We need to say something! There's no point in living alone!"

The Saint's sorrowful voice could not make Hannah speak. She closed her eyes again only to hear Cale's voice again.

"Excuse me. Mm, Miss Hannah?"

She wanted to ignore the voice of the Hero of the Roan Kingdom, the good and sincere Cale Henituse.

However, she could not do that.

"Do you want to make that revenge a success?"

Cale started to smile after seeing Hannah open her eyes in shock to look at him.

"...Just what."

"Since you are going to die from dead mana anyway, I will let you live longer."

The entire cave became silent. Only Hannah responded to Cale.

"...Just what the hell are you talking about."

Cale's smile became even wider after seeing her chaotic expression.

He then said something that neither Litana, the Queen of the Jungle, nor the Saint would understand.

"You can't die like the blood-crazy mage, right?"

Hannah's pupils started to shake.

Cale did not miss that.

Although he couldn't take in yesterday's enemy as a friend, he could definitely put her to use.

---

A.N.

Why is summer this year so crazy hot? (Hot like Archie, crazy like Clopeh)