Chapter 17

"No!"

Raon had a look of despair on his face as he shouted. Raon slowly turned to look at Cale while banging on the golden table with his paw.

"Weak human! Why did you keep on eating up those useless things! Huh?"

The veins in Raon's short neck were all popping up.

"You suffered so much! You even coughed up blood! I am amazed by your method of doing things! Pah, don't cover my mouth!"

Cale casually petted Raon's face. His gentle touch made Raon shut up for now. Cale looked around at the worried expressions on everyone's faces before turning back to look at Edel and Eruhaben as he started to speak.

"But I am still alive."

He did not die, even after taking in so many ancient powers.

He had a total of six ancient powers right now if he included the Fire Suppressing Water in the "Absorbing Necklace."

Eruhaben agreed with Cale. Well, Edel didn't.

"Yes, you are still alive." replied the adult dragon

Raon interjected once again.

"Will you die soon?"

"Haaaaaa. Does he have to say something so scary?"

"Truthfully the first time we met...I thought Young Master was a disguised elf or a dragon... well...the problem seems much bigger..."

Then an awkward silence.

Cale petted Raon's face and head again while Raon continued to huff and puff. Eruhaben watched this with curiosity before snorting and starting to speak.

"Die? No, he is weird and amazing because he has not died yet."

The Gold Dragon pointed to the necklace on Cale's neck.

"There's water in that necklace, right?"

"Yes."

The Dominating Water was inside the Absorbing Necklace.

Eruhaben shook his head in disbelief as he looked at Cale. The reptilian vertical pupils of the Gold Dragon inspected Cale's body.

"There is the power of wood, the power of wind, and the power of fire."

The Indestructible Shield was the power of wood.

The Sound of the Wind was the power of the wind.

The Fire of Destruction was the power of fire.

"And there is a human power too."

The term, "human power," made Cale think of his last remaining ancient power.

"The Vitality of the Heart."

Cale and Eruhaben made eye contact.

"Restoration."

Cale responded to that word.

"That power must be what is keeping me alive."

"Yes. The strong vitality that belonged to an ancient human. The healing abilities of that ancient power are controlling all of the other powers and slowly fusing them all together."

"The Vitality of the Heart."

Cale recalled how the Vitality of the Heart that he had gotten to strengthen the Indestructible Shield had influenced the Sound of the Wind as well.

"So, it wasn't strengthening it. It was actually fusing them."

"I presume that was either the first or second ancient power you picked up."

"You are correct. It was the second ancient power."

"That is how you managed to live."

Eruhaben observed Cale as if he was looking at an interesting research specimen.

"You had the power of restoration before two affinities clashed with each other. Thanks to that, it prevented anything from happening."

"Cale Henituse."

Eruhaben made a mental note of the name of the human in front of him.

Choi Han and Rosalyn were not very interesting for the Gold Dragon. In fact, the pure-blooded Wolf boy and the Cat children, who also seemed to be pure-blooded but mutated in some way, caught his attention more than Choi Han or Rosalyn.

"But they are not as interesting as this human."

"Well, the other human is interesting as this one. But still..."

The luck to gather six ancient powers could not just be considered to be caused by the Mandate of Heaven. Having that much luck would require a god to give a divine blessing to the human, however, the only divine power Eruhaben could feel on the human was from a vow of death.

"What a crazy bastard."

Cale was a crazily lucky bastard. (Nah I think unlucky bastard suits him best)

He looked at the human who had no problem looking directly at him while talking to him and felt more curiosity than anger. Just like the other punk in the same room.

"Then I guess I do not need to worry."

Cale's calm expression made Eruhaben think that he was even more amazing. He did not seem to be shocked at all, even though he would have died if he had picked up the ancient powers in a different order.

Contrary to Eruhaben's opinion, Cale's heart was currently going wild.

"I could have been on my way to the afterlife if I went after another power first."

Cale could feel goosebumps on his back. At that moment, Edel opened his mouth.

"Young Master...you may need to find another ancient power..."

"?"

"Your body is currently a ticking bomb. You'll blow up if your power of restoration doesn't hold well."

Boom!

Raon's front paw slammed down on the golden table again. Eruhaben found it funny that a Dragon was in despair over a human's life, then he continued the speech for Edel after seeing the little Dragon's vicious gaze.

"The power of water in the necklace is considered as being a part of you, so you'll be fine as long as you go find the power of earth and create a balance in your body. All of the elements will balance each other if you collect them all."

"So, I need to go find Super Rock."

Cale thought about this ancient power with a name that already scared him. At that moment, Cale could feel a stubby front paw on his shoulder.

"Human, let's go find the power of Earth right away."

Eruhaben scoffed once again. No matter how much of a lucky bastard Cale was to gather six ancient powers, it would be almost impossible to collect all five of the elements.

"Little kid, you need divine luck to find ancient powers."

"A great and mighty Dragon can create something stupid like divine luck! Do you not know about the might of a Dragon, Goldie?"

"Dragon... cool!" Edel fanboyed silently.

Eruhaben looked back toward Cale and asked.

"Why did he grow up like this?"

"I know, right?"

Cale did not know why Raon grew up like this either.

- Human, let's use that book that the Elf Chief gave you to find the power of the earth. I will find it for you, so do not worry! You will live a long life!