Chapter 7

"Welcome to the City of Death!"

When Edel heard these words he was surprised at how lively the city was.

You should be curious about how Edel was able to reach this place. After all the door that would lead you to the City of Death was under a large dune.

Well...Shawn, a nice dark elf was around the desert at that time, you could call it patrolling because, in a few days, there would have been the dead mana rise. So imagine how scared the poor dark elf was when he saw a human...just walking in the desert...like he was taking a relaxing stroll around a city.

Calming down his heart Shawn approached the...beautiful human...because he was breathtaking! If not for ears he may have mistaken Edel for an elf who was lost!

Not downgrading His Highness Alberu's dark elf form's handsomeness, but just stating a fact: whether dark elf or just elf they are all stunning. So don't worry Shawn you are handsome as well!

When Shawn was one meter from Edel, the two just stared at each other. Then suddenly both of them opened their mouth to say something, only to close them again because it is rude to speak above others.

Edel: ...

Shawn: ...

A very cute scene because of the way Edel was staring at the dark elf with his adorable doe eyes, full of curiosity and a bit of grace.

Oh! Such youthful glow! Shawn had never seen a human not being scared of his race at the first meeting (well wait for Cale then).

"You carry the aura of the dead, interesting... I would like to study you if you do not mind."

Shawn took a fall without style, in a dramatic way.

"W-what?!" a poor shocked dark elf was funny to watch, but he soon recollected himself.

"Ehem! I-I am a dark elf! Are you not afraid...of me?"

"Huh? But you look so...harmless to me." replied a dumb Edel

"Eh- Ha-?!" "Me? Harmless?? But humans tend to categorize us as harmful creatures just because we are dark elves!"

Shawn fell into deep self-doubt.

"A-anyway let me accompany you to uhm...the city, it is not safe to stay out here young man! Don't you know-"

"Yes you're right thank you very much, your help is much appreciated, uncle."

"Huh? Eh- Y-yes!" Poor Shawn, never in his 280 years of life he had encountered a weird human like the one in front of him.

"How should I address you, young man?"

"...Edel..."

"Great Edel, let's get going!"

"But I didn't catch your name...uncle..."

---------

A.N.

Edel is not as innocent as he appears :)