Chapter 36

"Make sure that you survive."

---

"Good morning, Lilou."

"I brushed my hair by myself today. How do I look?"

"Would you like to hold my hands? I could be with you anytime." 

"Turn impossible into possible." 

"Be brave and never shy away." 

"You are completely different from others." 

"You raised my hope."

---

Lilou's POV

His whole figure was always surrounded by that solemn but at the same time melancholy air. 

He is...no. He was an obnoxious little boy. Yet no matter how hard I tried to break his last thread of patience, Edel remained unmoved.

"Would you like to hold my hands? I could be with you anytime." 

"I would like to hold your hands, my dear friend. We could be always together."

Be two people who would never need to say goodbye. 

Because fate is not so cruel. It was able to give me a strong body. 

Strong enough for both of us. If you are a stick then I would be the shield. Just like those fairytales we read together.

---

Maybe fate was not so cruel. But the same thing would not be said for the Gods.

"Have you ever wished to let go, Choi Han-nim?" thought Edel silently. He had known that the young swordmaster lived a rough life. Chased by monsters in the Forest of Darkness, chased by the poor ghosts of those he failed to protect at Harris Village. 

If now he found a wave of peace in the figure of Young Master of Henituse household, it was another story.

Edel was just curious about his feelings from before.

The despair he felt.

Just like the yellowed pages of a book telling the story of foolish heroes with their great accomplishments. Their actions are bigger than one's dreams. Just the stories that used to enjoy with Lilou.

He thinks of those stubborn heroes, breaking down and crumbling into pieces of insignificant words of praise and leaving behind what made them stronger...and Edel thinks to himself, so fascinating! So hilarious, so entertaining- But

To live you must stare in the death in the face without flinching.

That's something that Hannah is doing right now, right here.

Hannah would live. 

But what about Lilou?

Edel didn't even remember about her.

There is a saying that says: whoever is forgotten dies. Maybe that someone Edel saw in Hannah is already gone forever.

---

Cale looked at Hannah as he started to speak.

"The people who have overcome difficulties must be applauded. The people who have survived through it all have earned that right."

Hannah clearly understood what Cale meant by the people who survived it all.

Although it was difficult, Hannah smiled at Cale. However, that smile was not warm at all.

It was a smile that was a mix of joy for being alive and coldness to get her revenge.

"You are right. Young master Cale, you are a deep individual."

Cale modestly smiled toward the excited Saint. He looked toward the now real Saint and the fake Holy Maiden who had not forgotten her goal as he started to think.

"I've prepared something to use to surprise the Empire."

The preparations for a show to shake the Empire were now complete.