Chapter 28

"Hmm?"

The blonde man's reaction was not what Cale had expected.

"You are right! That red hair! Now I understand why you came to the "Path of No Return."

Grab.

The blonde man grabbed both the potion and Cale's hand.

Cale slowly started to pull his hand out.

"...Do I know you?"

"Ah, you see."

The blonde man put on an innocent smile. Both Cale and Edel wondered how this man's demeanor could change so quickly.

"The villagers of Hoik Village had told me about you. They said that you helped the villagers get closure and taught them about the secrets of the forest."

"I did do that."

Hoik Village was the village at the entrance of the "Path of No Return." Cale had bypassed the village to come straight to the forest this time.

"Ever since that happened, the villagers have shared the story about young master Cale Henituse whenever a traveler arrives in time. I happened to overhear it when I was hid-, ah, anyways, I happened to hear about it."

"I guess he was hiding out around the village and happened to hear it."

"They described you as a wise and charismatic noble who had a warm heart."

"...That's quite the praise."

That kind of description did not fit Cale at all.

He had left things for Hans and the Vice Captain to take care of as he headed over to deal with the fire in the jungle. He now seriously wondered how the two of them had taken care of things.

However, Cale had to focus on the man in front of him right now.

The blonde man seemed to have calmed down a bit, as he started to blab on with a relaxed expression.

"Yes, Queen Litana-nim always brought you up whenever she talked about a good person."

"...Who?"

"What the hell is he talking about? Why does the Saint know about Litana?"

"How does everyone know about the queen of the Jungle?" wondered quitely Edel

"Ah, that."

The man seemed to have realized his mistake as he put on an awkward expression and started to make up an excuse.

"The Queen of the Jungle. We had a conversation with her when we went to the Jungle in the past. She's just someone we know."

It definitely did not sound like they just had a simple interaction.

The Saint quickly continued to speak.

"My younger sister and I are just your average people. We were helped by the Queen."

"I guess not. I can confirm that Jack-nim is a Saint and Hannah...must be a strong warrior."

"Haaa. How could he say such an obvious lie?"

Cale held back his sigh and nodded his head.

"I see. Let us heal her first."

"Ah, yes."

"Ron, help him."

"Yes, young master-nim."

The Saint flinched when Ron approached and stuck closer to his beloved friend, but he bowed his head after seeing Ron carefully taking out a cloth to help him.

Cale observed the three of them before standing up.

"Then I will step outside for a moment. Choi Han."

"...Yes, Cale-nim."

Cale pointed to the entrance of the cave.

"Stand there and protect them."

"...Yes, Cale-nim."

Listening to Choi Han's half-assed answer and seeing the increased level of trust in the Saint's eyes, Cale wondered how this extremely trusting Saint would continue to live on in this world as he patted Beacrox on the shoulder.

"Let's go look around the area. It would be bad if a wild animal or monster showed up while they are tending to the patient."

"Yes sir, I understand."

Beacrox responded like a trustworthy guard and followed behind Cale. Cale walked by Choi Han, who was standing at the entrance, and quietly whispered.

"Choi Han, keep your eye on them."

Choi Han finally seemed to understand, as he nodded his head with a serious expression.

"Yes, Cale-nim. I. Will. Do. My. Best. To. Guard. Them."

Choi Han's bad acting showed itself again. Cale, as well as Beacrox, ignored Choi Han and headed out of the cave. The rain had slowed down to a light drizzle, making it okay to stand outside with their raincoats on.