Chapter 9

"Oh, you've met with the pretty dongsaeng!" 

The way Cage started to ramble was a bit annoying, but a certain Edel Stan that was normal in that crazy family? Well, it was none of Cale's business...but a character that the The Birth of a Hero had not mentioned, was what worried Cale.

"...Taylor told me that the pretty dongsaeng decided to become a healer or a doctor to help him, but after Taylor healed, Edel decided to travel instead-"

Craaak, the inn's door opened and

"...Cage noona?"

Everybody in Cale's group turned around toward Edel, Cage bounced from her seat and went to greet the boy.

"Oh my! I was just talking about you! The young master said that you were in this place! What a surprise!"

Edel was able to recognize Cage's aura whenever he went, the death scent that lingered around the supposed excommunicated priestess was as strong as that of a Saint or a Holy Maiden. So when Edel met Cage for the first time he wondered if the excommunicated priestess was the one who cured his brother; well Taylor said that it was a blessing from heaven, basically it must be a work of a God, so our protagonist may have misunderstood something...

The truth was a little different, but he didn't need to know. There was another interesting matter right now: young master? What was Cage doing here? With a big party like this nonetheless...

"I'll introduce to you some good people! Here young master Cale Henituse-"

"Wait Cage. Let him speak for himself first."

The real intention behind this affirmation was to confirm whether Edel was trustworthy or not. Cale is a clever man and Edel's presence in the City of Life was already a suspicion to the whole case. 

Cage understood the hidden meaning, well it's not like she had known what was the real purpose behind this trip...but everyone has secrets right?

"Allow me to introduce myself formerly to you, young master Cale. I am Edel Stan, the youngest son of the Stan family. A pleasure to meet you all."

It was strange to hear someone with a higher status speak so respectfully to a simple son of a count, and a trash of a son at that. But Cale was strangely pleased with this short introduction.

This Edel Stan exuded an air of elegance and maturity. He seems so gentle yet from his eyes Cale was able to see nothing. It was like talking to a...doll, a pretty one.

"Human! That pretty human is quite strong! Not strong as the cookie prince tho!"

Cale flinched. Why did Raon compare this guy to the crown prince? It should be a completely different case...after all, Alberu is a half-dark elf. 

Another thing is...why the young dragon seems completely unbothered by the fact that Edel is related to Venion?

But it was none of his business, so he simply replied to the young noble.

"Yes, It's a pleasure to meet you too."

"You have grown dongsaeng! Look at you! Definitely a heartbreaker!"

"Ah- yes of course..."

"Are you a mage?" 

It was unusual for Rosalyn to speak first to a stranger, maybe she did out of curiosity. She saw that Edel possessed a decent amount of mana. He had the talent Rosalyn thought, but the answer she received was different from her expectation.

"I am not a mage, miss. Just using this source of power to heal those in need."