Chapter 5

"Connect me to the Stan estate."

- Young master Cale?

"Hello Cage, it's been a while."

The crazy priestess Cage.

"Are you bored these days?"

Cage observed Cale for a moment after hearing his question before finally shaking her head.

- I had a bad feeling about today. I don't remember the contents of my dream but there was this bitter taste in my mouth. It's a good thing that Taylor will soon become the official successor, even without my help.

Cale had heard as well.

Taylor Stan, the eldest child of Marquis Stan had recovered his position and would soon be announced as the official successor.

- So, I have nothing to do.

The crazy priestess smiled as she asked Cale.

- What can I do for you?

Cale quickly responded like her response was obvious.

"We need to go to the Land of Death."

- I will prepare right away.

Cage did not seem to hesitate at all, even after he said that they were going to the Land of Death. She really was the type who would put her life on the line for her best friend Taylor. Cale now understood why the God of Death would continue to bless her, even after she was excommunicated. She embodied something even greater than death.

- I have to return the favors you've done for us." 

"And who knows maybe I'll encounter the pretty dongsaeng."

Cale smiled to respond.

"See you soon, Cage."

---

"Mhm? I have a feeling that interesting things are going to happen."

When Edel entered the Caro Kingdom, a soldier asked him some questions for security reasons perhaps.

"What's your occupation?"

"Traveller."

"What is the purpose of your entry?"

"...Is it strange for a man to be curious about the world?"

"...of course. The Caro Kingdom welcomes you, fellow traveler."

The soldier probably let him in without many issues because Edel seems to be a wealthy young master based on his wearings. But it's not the first time people asks those questions as well. The balance in this world seems to be creaking one day after another. Better be careful where you step. 

"The desert...This will be my first and maybe the last time seeing it...Although I've read about it, it is gonna be different in person."

With this thought Edel started to march towards the Dubori territory, the nearest to the desert.