Chapter 20

"Might as well pass everything on since I am going to die soon."

Although Eruhaben was laughing as he said that, silence quickly filled the area. However, Eruhaben could feel the gazes that were focused on him.

"What? Goldie, what did you just say?"

"Excuse me? Dragon-nim, what are you talking about?"

Raon flew in front of Eruhaben's face and started to shout, while Pendrick was shaking, as if he had heard the declaration for the destruction of the world.

But Edel was already aware of that. He was able to discern immediately what was wrong with his patient. But he had a questionable way to cure him.

Raon flew around and looked over Eruhaben's body as he asked.

"Are you poisoned? Did someone curse you? Did you get hurt while fighting?"

Eruhaben felt odd hearing the shocked and concerned voice of this little Dragon. However, he pushed Raon away with his hand.

"Little kid, does it make sense for a Dragon to suffer from such things?"

"Not at all!"

Eruhaben then flinched at Raon's continued words.

"Then why are you dying? Don't die! You're the only other Dragon I know!"

The Gold Dragon's expression became difficult to read. He seemed like he was about to laugh, but also like he was in disbelief. Eruhaben avoided Raon's passionate gaze only to end up making eye contact with Cale.

"May I ask why you are sick?"

"Cuz he's old."

"I've just become weak with age."

"Told ya."

Eruhaben waved it off, but Cale started to worry.

"Since we're getting something from him..."

Cale started to think back to see if there was an ancient power that could help.

Eruhaben petted Pendrick, who seemed to be in a chaotic state from the sudden news, on the head. He recalled when Chief Canaria had brought this Elf who could not see Elementals with her to the lair.

He was curious about Pendrick's unique disposition that he had saved this dying Elf in order to satisfy his curiosity. This child started to follow Eruhaben around after that. Feeling Pendrick's sincerity, Eruhaben started to treat Pendrick with gentleness rather than curiosity.

"Pendrick, all things of the world are bound to get old and die. Nothing can overcome death. Well, there are ways of controlling death."

"H- how?"

Eruhaben was calm while Pendrick was anxious.

"You need to follow the darkness. Like the Lich."

"Ah."

Pendrick let out a gasp.

Eruhaben quickly added on.

"Of course, I have no plans to do that."

However, there were some Dragons in the past who ended up doing that. Eruhaben understood why they had done it, but he still did not agree with their decisions.

Necromancers would eventually die, and Dark Elves would die as well. However, a Lich did not feel any pain or die from old age. The difference between the two was quite significant.

"But it is still a while away, so there is no need to worry about it now."

"...I understand."

Eruhaben could see the teary Pendrick nodding his head. At that moment, Eruhaben could hear Raon's voice once again.

"Hey, Golden Dragon."

"What?"

Eruhaben turned to look at Raon after hearing Raon's serious voice. Raon then shared what was on his mind.

"I will be able to find a way for you to live for a very long time because I am great and mighty. Just wait."

Eruhaben just stared at Raon and ignored what Raon had just said. However, he had to use his fingers to prevent himself from smiling as he looked toward Cale.

Actually, Edel's power could lengthen Eruhaben's life for about 100 years.

But it would be deadly for the bidder. Because he doesn't offer money but he must offer his lifespan.

---

A.N.

Random questions pooped in my mind:

Who could have romantic feelings for Edel?

And what could be Edel's type?