Chapter 30

"...Oppa."

The sword master, Hannah, called out to the Saint in a sleepy voice. However, Hannah's eyes were focused on Edel, Cale, Choi Han, and Ron.

Edel and Cale were also checking Hannah's condition.

"She's at the beginning stages of the dead mana poison."

He could see that the injuries on her body were dyed black.

The dead mana bomb that she was hit with seemed to take a liquid form. The liquid must have landed on her injuries in order to poison her.

"She must have survived until now because she is a sword master."

Swordmasters have strong vitality. Her aura was probably preventing the dead mana from spreading inside her body.

However, the sword master was currently in a weakened state.

Cale automatically started to form a gentle smile on his face. That made the woman wary.

"...Who are these people?"

She barely regained consciousness, but she still seemed to be having a difficult time communicating. Her entire body was covered in sweat, and she barely managed to speak.

"I- cough, haaa."

The sword master's shoulders flinched, and she coughed up black blood. The Saint quickly brought his hands up to her mouth.

"Hannah! Don't speak!"

"...Didn't I tell you not to let strangers in?"

The woman glared at the Saint and tried to sit up. At that moment, a white cloth was placed at her mouth.

"You're bleeding. Please relax, let the young master explain everything."

A warm voice reached Hannah's ears. Edel wiped gently the black blood off her mouth.

"I should ask Edel to collect the black blood and ask the Dragon later."

Cale made up his mind to ask Eruhaben once he got back and silently made eye contact with Edel. 

*nod*

Then he gently spoke to the wary enemy.

"I was touched by how desperate your oppa was as he was trying to save your life. So please focus on your health first."

Meanwhile, a new white lily spurted from Edel's white fingers, he then handed it to the injured swordmaster.

"Here, please put it on your body to stabilize the pain."

Edel handed the fragile flower to her with a concerned expression.

Hannah's mind became chaotic while watching this.

It was weird that two nobles young master-like person and a servant were in this, "Path of No Return."

"...Who the hell are these people."

At that moment, Hannah could hear her brother's gentle voice.

"Hannah, be respectful. These people are not like that. And...he's Edel-nim...T-the one I've talked to you..." Jack stuttered while blushing slightly.

Hannah looked toward her brother after feeling like he was scolding her. But she blinked shocked by the pretty young man that...apparently stole his stupid oppa's heart. She was worried about what her brother, who was completely innocent to the point of stupidity, had done while she was unconscious.

However, the Saint's expression was bright for the first time in a long time.

"Hannah, and he is someone that you know as well. Remember hearing about Cale Henituse in Hoik Village? He is Cale Henituse, and those are his servant and his knights."

"...Cale Henituse?"

Hannah's eyes headed toward the red-haired man. The Saint continued to speak in an excited voice.

"Yes. You explained it to me. You said that he was the great hero who stepped up to protect the Roan Kingdom during the terror incident!"

Hannah's eyes had an unexplainable look to them.

Cale slightly lowered his head as if he was embarrassed at how she was staring at him. He then started to think to himself.

"Great hero my ass. I was an annoying enemy to her."

As a member of the secret organization, Cale was not the Roan Kingdom's hero, but one of the pests who got in their way.

But Cale was able to confirm one thing from the Saint's statements.

"The Saint is not a member of the secret organization."

If he was, he would not be acting so stupidly.

"That is why young master Cale-nim gave us the potions and Edel-min was curing you."

"...Are you really that Cale Henituse?"

Cale put on an awkward smile at her gaze that seemed to be full of doubt.

"Yes. It is embarrassing, but I am indeed that Cale Henituse."

"...Young master Silver Shield?"

It had been a long time since he had heard this embarrassing nickname that came out of the sword master's mouth.

However, Cale needed to give her faith right now.

Paaat.

A small shield appeared with a silver glow.

"...Oh!"

The Saint was amazed, while the sword master seemed to be a bit relieved. Cale looked toward her and asked.

"Do you trust me now?"

"...Well, I guess so."

"Please get some rest, you are still in a state of danger miss."

Edel added to Cale's speech. And, of course, to make everything more believable:

"We will stand guard tonight. I do not know why you are in your current situation, but I believe it is a noble's duty to protect the weak and troubled."