Chapter 44

"Looks like we'll be up all night."

There were a couple of other patient tents as well.

However, Cale did not need to do much even if they were pulling an all-nighter.

He handed potions to Edel, Cage, and Jack. It was the only thing he could do for these three who would suffer the most throughout the night.

The next morning---

The Whipper Kingdom's soldiers' gazes were focused on the priests who had spent all night treating the patients.

The treated patients were coming out cheering as they were moved to other tents while a new batch of seriously injured patients was being moved to the tent.

And now, another patient was crying as they showed their gratitude.

"Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Really, truly, thank you very much."

"It was nothing. We just did what we needed to do."

The soldier whose leg might have needed to be amputated was crying while holding Jack's hand. Jack seemed to be getting emotional as well, as he was tightly holding the soldier's hand back.

While Edel would just smile gently at them.

This type of scene has been repeated multiple times already.

The rest of the work is for Cale's party to complete. Not that Edel, Cage, and Jack knew.

---

"I can smell it! I can smell it!"

"Smell what?"

"It is the same scent that was near the Black Swamp!"

"The Black Swamp?"

Cale wondered what Raon was saying. However, he soon figured it out.

The Black Swamp. That was the place where he had found the Dragon Bones and the "Dominating Aura."

It was also the location where the secret organization had given the mermaids the dead mana.

Raon looked toward Cale and started to speak.

"I smell that dead Dragon's dead mana!"

Cale started to smile.

The Saint and the Holy Maiden had said that the dead mana bomb was in liquid form.

He had wondered where the Empire had gotten that liquid from, but it seemed like some of the dead mana from the Black Swamp had been given to the Empire as well.

Cale started to speak.

"We're heading down to the basement now."

There was something that Cale wanted in the basement of the Maple Castle.

---

After various investigations, discovering the dead mana, the bomb it was now time to put out the fire.

"Yaaaawn, standing guard at night is the hardest thing to do."

"But isn't it better than fighting?"

"That is true."

Of the soldiers who were standing guard around the pillar of fire surrounding the Maple Castle, the ones facing the Whipper Kingdom's base on the East were chatting with each other in order to stay awake.

One of the soldiers looked toward the still brightly lit patient tent and started to speak.

"They are really good people."