Chapter 14

It was already late spring.

Time does sure pass quickly. 

Time had gone by, and Edel had turned 17 years old.

---

The Stan territory and the Northwest had gone through a significant amount of changes in the past nine months.

Venion Stan was in prison. At first, Cale was told that they did not have any plans to punish him that severely. However, he was once an unofficial heir to a noble family. They had to make an example out of him. Of course, the Stan family will probably kill him off in secret.

And there was nothing that Edel could do about it.

Taylor announced that he would not kill his siblings once he became the official heir. At the same time, he got rid of the potential for his siblings to follow the Stan family's rule to try to take the position away from him.

He called some priests over from the Church of the God of Death and made a vow of death with his siblings.

Cale was in the Stan territory right before. After making Odeus run for a new errand, the young master silver shield would depart for new adventures. So does Edel.

---

Edel temporarily joined the mercenaries and was having the time of his life.

He once met with that strange drunkard, who pretends to be one, in the past. 

He revealed his name: Bud Illis. With this strange ahjussi, there was a mage, a strong one to be precise: Gleen.

The blue-haired man said that there are mercenaries anywhere you go on the Eastern continent.

Well, Edel understood something about this organization:

Mercenaries don't care about good or evil, that said they would accept any job if the conditions were good enough. Were incidents always happen, people usually bring mercenaries or adventurers to be the ones to resolve them. Each mercenary moves according to its own set of rules—in some aspects, a decision must be made on what "best for business" is.

So he joined them to survive while having some fun at the same time.

Truthfully he had considered joining the Merchant Alliance, but he was not very good with money and trade. 

I guess better use fist than flattery. 

---

Edel was stuck in the Mogoru Empire for now. It was silly of him to travel there while knowing that there was a war between the Empire and the Whipper Kingdom. But when departing he didn't think so much about it. 

It was also really dangerous for him to roam in the Whipper Kingdom. The reason? Well, although he is not a mage, Edel can use mana so if he'd go there, no doubt he would be targeted. 

Anyway, the Whipper Kingdom has no chance of winning this war. 

That was what Edel thought, even if he was cheering silently for the army of anti-mages. 

"I really want to go there to help them...but I need to get stronger first."