Chapter 27

"Young master-nim."

Ron's voice made Cale gather his thoughts and look back toward the blonde man. The man flinched at Cale's gaze, but bit down on his lips and started to shout.

"I-I will not give in!"

The man could not hide his anxiety as Edel slowly approached him. And the red-haired man...He had not felt such a strong aura in a long time.

It was not just the aura of a strong person, but that of a ruler.

Edel slowly approached the blonde man. The blonde man could see that his...friend was right in front of him now.

"No."

He desperately wanted Edel to help him but...he was too suspicious. He needed to protect Hannah, his younger sister. The blonde man had always been baggage for his younger sister, had ended up being used by the Church, and was now being chased by the Empire after being framed. He was disappointed in himself.

Edel approached him and looked at him. Meanwhile, Cale looked down at him from his spot. That gaze made the blonde man get the chills. Then Jack heard Edel's gentle voice:

"Hannah, right? Was she injured by the poison from dead mana?"

"...What?!"

"What bullshit." Cale wanted to shout

However, Edel extends his hand, and just like a scene from the fairytales: a small meadow of white lilies formed under the feet of those in the cave and from the young noble's hand a pure, scented flower. The same on the ground.

"It is a white lily. Just like the one I showed you before, Jack-min. Please take it and put it in Hannah-nim's body. This should be able to prevent the dead mana from spreading. Till the flower wither."

For this man who had lost everything, this ethereal human's power was what he had been desperately praying for. As the highest-grade potions are too expensive for him to afford.

*Sob* *Sob* They could hear the Saint weeping while murmuring "Thanks" and "Forgive me"

The blonde man, the Saint of the Church of the Sun God, could not use his healing abilities on his dying younger sister. The power of the Sun would burn the darkness. Using healing on his sister would lead to his sister being purified along with the darkness instead of healing her.

The blonde man, the Saint, could see his friend and the red-haired man smiling gently. The red-haired man then pointed to the person that he had introduced as his servant.

"My servant had been injured by dead mana before. Right, Ron?"

Cale pointed to Ron's left arm as he asked. Ron answered without even having a change in his expression.

"Yes sir. My left arm and body were injured severely. We barely managed to fix it."

"Fix it?"

The Saint's face turned odd, but then Edel started to introduce these weird-scary people to him

"Jack-nim...there is nothing for you to fear. They are good people, just like me they are from the Roan Kingdom," he said, followed by a reassuring youthful smile

The Saint's pupils started to shake.

The Saint had not seen such a genuine smile in a long time from anybody. He truly missed the young Stan's calm and warm presence. Then even the red-haired man, smiled: a smile similar to the one that his friend just made. Cale, who had that genuine smile on his face said something that resonated with the Saint as he handed some highest-grade potions to him.

"Isn't human life the most important thing?"

The Saint quietly stared at the potion that was handed to him with the cap removed.

His younger sister had often said this to him.

"Oppa, your problem is that you trust people too much. You trust people too easily and say everything without suspecting anything at all. Stop being like that. I guess that is one of your strengths though. Don't worry. I am strong, so I will protect you."

He needed to save his younger sister.

At that moment, the Saint could hear the red-haired man continuing to speak.

"Ah, by the way, my name is Cale Henituse, and I am from the Roan Kingdom."

The blonde man could see a small badge with the golden turtle crest on it.

"...Cale Henituse?"

"Yes."

Cale answered in a gentle, yet stern voice.

He needed to do this so that this man, as well as the woman who would wake up later, would think of him as a noble who happened to be passing by, and not the man who was pretending to be from the secret organization.

Cale pretended to be a clueless noble young master as he looked at the man he suspected to be the Saint.

"You were Sir Cale! Edel-nim why didn't you tell me you know him!"

---

A.N.

I'm shocked 😃