◍ Chapter 10 ◍

"You guys aren't getting tired playing?" Chaeryeong asks while dribbling the ball.

Since it is P.E., we are playing basketball.

"Not at all. So pass me the ball. If you're tired you can sit and just watch us playing right, Yeji?"

Yeji nodded as she's wiping her face with a towel.

"Come on, pass me the ball," I said so Chaeryeong did.

I caught the ball, and Yeji came to my defense right away.

So I chuckled and smirked at her. "Let's make a deal if I shoot this ball in the basket. You will buy me lunch every day for a week."

"And if score, you'll confess to Yuna."

Then my smile turned serious as I said, "Then I will beat you."

"You're wuss"

When Yeji is still distracted in our conversation, and her guard is still weak. I dribbled the ball right away, startling Yeji and leaving him behind.

I heard a girl squealing but I didn't get distracted.

When I noticed that I was getting close to the basket, I stopped dribbling, grabbed the ball, and got ready to jump for a layup. However, I noticed Yeji was hiding behind me and would block my path, so I stopped to fake her.

I smirked because I know I'm gonna win. I'm good at this.

Yeji got faked, I laughed then I take it as a cue to shoot the ball since Yeji's about to land on the ground from jumping and will get back stealing the ball.

But luck become bitch to me, the ball didn't get in the basket.

"Screw it!" I yelled in frustration.

Yeji rebounded and got the ball. And immediately position for shooting the ball so I ran fast as I could to block her.

I jumped on my highest but I got surprised when Yeji sidestep in her right, Yeji did the same play, she faked me too.

When I finally saw her release the ball, my mouth fell open.

Damn, she throws it nicely. Now, we are watching the ball to see if it will enter.

First, it landed on the right so we both positioned ourselves in a rebound, then it bounced on the board and back on the ring and it shoots.

Noooooo!

Yeji gave a triumphant scream and even stuck her tongue out at me, saying, "Get ready to confess." Yeji tapped me on the shoulder.

"No way!" I said pissed off and walked out. Some of the girls approach me as I am walking to the court, but I give them a stern look to make them back off.

I am not in the mood to entertain anyone. I'm so pissed off, I lose. I hate losing.

And why would I take that foolish risk and tell Yuna the truth? She has Kai and there's no more space for me in her heart.

What if I confessed and everything went well? Or what if she turned me down and I was never allowed to get too close to her? Damn, it's more painful for having one-sided love.

But if I did not take a chance, I will never know.

Yeji's right, I'm a wuss person.

I was thinking in my head that I had bumped into someone by accident because I had not looked where I was going.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was walking by," I said and looked at the latter.

It's Yuna.

I looked at her, she had her P.E. uniform on as well, her hair pulled back into a tidy ponytail, her glasses back on, and she had a lollipops in her mouth at the moment.

She is so gorgeous, but her lollipop and eyeglasses make her even more attractive.

I sometimes want to drag her inside the empty room and get on my knees just for a kiss.

Yuna pulled her lollipop and speak. "I'm sorry too, I am not paying attention either,"

I looked away and closed my eyes tight... please don't try my thoughts. I would prefer not to think that way.

I pretended to cough to calm my foolish mind. I fixed my posture and looked at her straight again like I'm not having a mind crisis right now.

"Okay."

That's the only thing I said because I wanna get away with her. My mind is all over her, and I am not thinking clearly.

I heard her voice calling to me as I stopped halfway through my walk.

"Ryujin?"

I take a deep breath and tightly shut my eyes before turning to face her.

Gosh, my name rolls better on her tongue. Here we go again Shin Ryujin!

"Y-yeah?"

Fuck, I stuttered!

"You want a lollipop?" She said and even wave the lollipop at me.

I am not sure if she is playing games with me because she reads what is on my mind or if she is just being kind right now.

I shook my head right away.

"I prefer the one in your mouth,"

I covered my mouth because my stupid mouth said it to her. It is only supposed to be in my head!

Yuna gave me a perplexed look, and I wanted to sink into the earth.

I gave her one last look before running away out of shame.

once I have gone quite a distance. I stopped running.

Damn it! How am I going to face her again? This is embarrassing and frustrating.