◍ Chapter 16 ◍

I just get out of my dad's car and bid him goodbye. Since I can not drive right now due to severe headaches that feel like someone is hammering on my skull, he drove me to University.

We drank last night, we did celebrate my heart being broken! It was fun to the point, I had forgotten that I'd been hurt by someone that wasn't aware of doing it.

"Hey, here she comes the broken!" Yeji said teasing me.

"You'll be broke too if I punched your face, real hard." I refuted and took my place.

I said good morning to Chaeryeong, who was busy taking notes.

She paused her writing to give me a look. "Are you alright now?"

"It hurts, but I have to move on."

"That is great, but are you going to avoid her from now on?"

"Avoid her," Yeji said seriously, I know her, she doesn't want someone hurting me. Even if they're our closest friends, she will go after them if Yeji finds out they're messing with me.

Isn't she protective?

"Don't get me wrong guys, I like Yuna being our friend but Please don't get attached to her anymore. You'll just get hurt, Ryujin." Yeji added.

I sighed and turned my head away. Our professor went inside and began talking, but I am not in the mood to hear it.

Lia was with us last night. We drank at Yeji's place. And we talked about what happened yesterday. I expressed my exact feelings towards Yuna to them. And Lia also warned me that, Be careful of risking my heart for Yuna because Lia told us that Yuna was truly into Kai.

Cute isn't it?

About Kai and Wonyoung, Their parents are forcing them to do it, you know, for "business." But they're just pretending and playing all along as long as they come to an idea to stop their parents.

That's why, Kai and Yuna are still on good terms. And I just found out that, they were official just a week ago!

I have no idea about it, isn't it funny? While I'm consoling her, doing everything I could for her, just to make her happy. Hoping maybe it will be the way she will finally notice my feelings, that... I love her. Then I will just learn that Kai owns her and she is already taken.

What about me?

I really am such an idiot.

"Miss Shin?" I got distracted from my introspective thoughts when I heard someone address me by my last name.

I looked up and it was prof, he caught me spacing out.

I jumped to my feet and gave him a nervous smile.

"Seems you're bored in my discussion? Go outside and stand there."

I nodded and let out a sigh when I noticed Yeji laughing softly, followed by Chaeryeong's disappointed-looking face.

"Ms. Hwang, what are you laughing at? Would you like to accompany Ms. Shin?

Yeji shook her head and instantly stopped laughing. No, sir. I am fine here.

Our prof goes back to the front.

"Jeez, I really thought we would always be together. You betrayed me."

"If Lia finds out that I am being thrown outside the room, she will kill me. The professor is watching you, so go outside now."

I went outside and stood up there. Well, I'm used to this ever since I'm in grade school. I'm a troublemaker, a rules breaker this isn't a big deal anymore.

I glanced inside the room to see if I could still catch up on his discussion by reading the information written on the board. The professor was still deep in conversation when this Yeji turned to face me and gave me a silent laugh.

"Fuck you" I mouthed to her and raised my middle finger to her.

I was arguing with Yeji when I felt someone tug on my uniform. When I looked over, I saw that Winter was there, along with Karina and Yuna.

She's here, looking at me straight. I just glance at her, she's so gorgeous just with her high ponytail and light makeup. She doesn't even need to so much effort to be pretty.

Gosh, I'm praising her so much again.

I fist-bumped with Winter since she is my one of closest friends in high school back then even though I'm one year ahead in school.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the walls, asking, "What do you need?" I look away from Yuna and ask Winter.

With a faint undertone of humor, Winter remarked, "You must have been told to go outside."

I nodded and laughed, saying, "You know what? It is not new to me. Why are you guys outside as well, then?

"We are leaving for our P.E. class and going to the locker room to change."

"Okay, go there now, the next class will start. Make sure you have water with you." I answered.

After saying their goodbyes, Winter and Karina begin to leave. And now, looking at Yuna bit perplexed since she's not moving.

Our gazes were fixed on one another. I'm waiting for her to say something. I know she has something to say.

"You want to join me for lunch later?" Yuna said which made me confused more.

"Maybe you should invite Kai?" I said coldly.

Her expression shows surprise, so perhaps she knew I was unaware of it. Thanks to Lia for telling us.

"He's busy."

"With Wonyoung"

Yuna rolled her eyes at me and looked pissed irritated now, "Just refuse my offer, you don't have to say anything else that isn't even related to my offer."

"Why you're asking me anyway? Is there nobody else you could ask? If there is not a choice? You'll ask me?"

"What on earth are you saying? I just wanna have lunch with you because. "

"Because what?"

"I thought, you wouldn't mind to company me."

"Just go ask your boyfriend,"

Yuna simply shot me an angry glance before walking away.